AWDC XL Challenge 2011

najw

XL_Logo.jpg

The All Wheel Drive Club will organise a new 8 round national challenge series for 2011

Details HERE

These events will feature our signature 'sections' (with improved marking :P ) but some sections will now be timed to introduce an element of unpredictability to the events!

Dates and venues as follows:

6 March - Walters Arena, Glyn Neath

10 April - Kirton Off Road Centre

8 May - Uplands Coppice, Telford

12 June - Wern Ddu, Corwen

14 August - Cowm Quarry, Whitworth

11 September - West Harptree

9 October - TBA

13 November - Slindon Safari

Entry fee is £80 per event and there is an £80 discount for series pre-entry

Drivers and co-drivers must wear an approved crash helmet at all times when in the vehicle.

Sponsors to be announced shortly.

Sorry missed that detail it will be best 6 from 8

the difference is that some sections will be timed with additional points awarded accordingly

Helmets must meet the specs stated in the tech regs which will be updated imminently

idea seems a good one and more of what i thought XTC was going to be.

mind you not sure i will join AWDC next year after the slagging this year in the mag, commitment and putting money in is obviously not enough and i dont have the time to give more.

Neil, Can I ask how many of the event are going to have night sections? Is it two as usual or are you going for more than two?

Plus James, have you got you entry in yet as the numbers will be given out as first come bases as it is a new event, as I am sure you stated somewhere that you don't want number 2 again.. :lol::lol: (unless Neil has another way of selecting the vehicle number? :ph34r: )

Signing Out,

Carwyn

regarding marshaling/admin roles etc. would offering free membership for people who marshall a set number of events or even free event entry for certain more time consuming roles be an incentive for people to join in. i have very little free time around weekends and getting enough time off to compete is hard. but to people who have every weekend off work the incentive of free event entry may be encouraging. apologies if this is already the case but i am fairly new to the club.

Plus James, have you got you entry in yet as the numbers will be given out as first come bases as it is a new event, as I am sure you stated somewhere that you don't want number 2 again.. :lol::lol: (unless Neil has another way of selecting the vehicle number? :ph34r: )

Carwyn, we are not planning on entering next year. time to move on and all that. we were contemplating entering the odd round but as per the para in my 1st post don't think we will bother now. paying for an event (and licence (for Nick) and membership) and just turning up and competing is frowned upon it would seem and i dont have time to do anything more.

Is that why you entered the 90 degree challenge or was that just selling your soul for the prize money?

Rob has not got a soul to sell,

Timed sections are good to do, Manby is a good event and it's all against the clock, I will try to do some first before i comment on them,

Carl.

Neil,

Would it be correct for me to state/ask the following,

# That these timed sections will be a small number of the 20 one way sections? or will they be extra sections?

# Timed sections are replacing the special stages? if so, then they are what we currently are use to as a trial section on a special stage, no speed limit & against the clock?

# Can we confirm how many are you looking at running a night section on? (just out of interest?)

Carwyn.

Is that why you entered the 90 degree challenge or was that just selling your soul for the prize money?

I didnt expect to win at Mamby but was content co come mid field rather than bottom.

After being the butt of numerous comment from 2009 I had something to prove in 2010.

And believe to a fair extent he who has the largest wallet wins there.

As tends to be the case the more that speed is put into the equation.

Do you see the awdc xl challenge being a very similar format to Mamby?

Personally I really liked the format of howling wolf 2009.

I know you cant please all of the people all of the time.

My comments weren't meant to be a dig in any way sorry if they were.

I wish you all the best for the coming year and as I said before I would like to enter some events that don't involve me traveling too far.