AWDC XL Challenge 2011

najw

Following a committee meeting today I can confirm 100% that this series will go ahead.

We will be extending entries to members of invited MSA clubs so if you would like to try an awdc event please get in touch with the contact details of your clubs comp sec so we issue an invite.

Non awdc members will be eligible for on the day trophies and prizes but not championship points.

All vehicles must comply with awdc technical regulation.

Yes you can use wire rope on your winch if you wish

Yes same rules apply. Can we hope to see you

Not sure yet, the lovely weather we had before Xmas held us up a bit as I could not get out of a comfy armchair to spend dark cold nights in the workshop after wet cold days at work :( . But the spanners are out again and hopefully the truck will be up to spec.

Pity about the helmet rule as the co driver probably spends more time out of the truck than in it but if it's the same rule for everyone then that's ok.

I have never competed at WA so would like to do that one.

Following a successful recce visit to Walters Arena yesterday I can report that despite the landing of thirteen 122m high aliens

3baef863.jpg

the best bits of the site remain unscathed

06b1bd73.jpg

8bd8a572.jpg

1c5f665a.jpg

The Special Stage should prove interesting

88fcce13.jpg

and we have even found some never before driven virgin terrain

1a44f030.jpg

Prizes courtesy of event Sponsors Goodwinch Ltd will be:

1st in Class: Bowmotor 2

2nd in Class: Albrights

3rd in Class: New Goodwinch Tree Strops

Entries close March 1st, updated entry list to follow shortly.

Please note there will be no vehicle access to the site for spectators. The gates will be locked. We do however require marshals for this event so if you want to drive the site and get close to the action in return for helping with the smooth running of the event please get in touch.

Please note there will be no vehicle access to the site for spectators. The gates will be locked. We do however require marshals for this event so if you want to drive the site and get close to the action in return for helping with the smooth running of the event please get in touch.

ah well i was going to come and watch but thats the end of that then :(:huh:

ah well i was going to come and watch but thats the end of that then :(:huh:

We do however require marshals for this event so if you want to drive the site and get close to the action in return for helping with the smooth running of the event please get in touch.

We do however require marshals for this event so if you want to drive the site and get close to the action in return for helping with the smooth running of the event please get in touch.

sorry Neil i havent got a vehicle that is capable of driving the site and i really dnt fancy a full day hike around Walters i used to get lost driving it let alone walking it

sorry Neil i havent got a vehicle that is capable of driving the site and i really dnt fancy a full day hike around Walters i used to get lost driving it let alone walking it

You can't drive on Cat 1 rally tracks??? What were you gonna come and spectate in??? :rolleyes::P

Following a successful recce visit to Walters Arena yesterday I can report that despite the landing of thirteen 122m high aliens

3baef863.jpg

So what length strop would we need to go round these as a winching point :lol:

Current entry list with just a few days to go before entries close.

Number Driver Co-Driver Vehicle Class

1 John Sales Dan Thomas Rakeway Bulldog 2

2 John Barrie Gee Wayne Gotheridge Tomcat 1

3 Jonathan Smith Alan Webb Land Rover 90 3

4 Richard Nicolson Nick Bolt Land Rover 90 2

5 Andrew Woodhouse Mark Whetton Team Gunit Trayback 2

6 Paul Church Cliff Garrod Range Rover Proto 1

7 Austin Jewitt Marc Dyer Land Rover 2

8 Kevin Pocock Dan Elias Range Rover 1

9 Ian Corfield Paul Corfield Land Rover Hybrid 2

10 Gordon Conway James Coghlan Landrover 2

Neil,

Is there camping space available for Sat night ?

Are spectators allowed if they travel with us (i.e. same car + camp) ?

Is there space outside the car park for other spectators to park ?

Cheers

Gordon

Yes plenty of camping - bring rock pegs!

Spectators are welcome and if they arrive when the gates are open they can park in the camping area.

The gates will be locked during the event but there is plenty of parking.

Your guests may well want to marshal as that will give them vehicle access which on 1600 acres is useful!

jonathon and alan have class 3 in the bag....

should be a cracking event, still need to finish

the truck and borrow a trailer but we will be there regardless...

Mark gunit trayback

hi mark,

not quite yet as truck still in bits same as you, see you on sat!!!!!!!!!!!