bending brake pipes

lansalot

I've done some quite tight bends with cupro-nickel brake pipe by hand without kinking it, it's quite easily to do. A caliper pipe should be doable.

Brake pipe isn't expensive (less than a tenner for 25' last time I checked...I think) so it's not the end of the world if you get it wrong :)

A tight turn on my 88"s front brakes:

DSC01177.jpg

I've done some quite tight bends with cupro-nickel brake pipe by hand without kinking it, it's quite easily to do. A caliper pipe should be doable.

Brake pipe isn't expensive (less than a tenner for 25' last time I checked...I think) so it's not the end of the world if you get it wrong :)

A tight turn on my 88"s front brakes:

DSC01177.jpg

As already said, also forming around a suitable size socket, bar, piece of tube etc. held in a vice. A "V" belt pulley of suitable dia. is also useful.

There's usually a shakeproof washer on each yes, between the nut and the bracket. The Land Rover parts books all show them, I can't see any reason to leave them out.

Thanks, for some reason I had thought they were used elsewhere in the assembly. Cheers :-)