freelander abs/driveshaft

rallyboygower

Hi Guys new to the forum so have some knoledge of freelanders that i can hopefully help others with.Changed the front drive shaft on my 02 TD4 but forgot to remove the abs sensor,that got damaged when i inserted the new shaft, so new well second hand sensor obtained off flybay, fitted that the three dreaded lights went out after a short spin but all of a sudden a loud grinding sound came?. It sounds like a spline of the drive shaft catching on something?, the noise goes up and down with the engine speed?. The strange thing is that when i pull the abs fuse out the noise totally goes? so must be related to the abs system? does anyone know if the abs system takes a drive off the engine because the noise is only there when the fuse is replaced?....could you please help me with this one as its a bit scary having no abs or traction control in these tricky conditions..

Thanks in advance guys.

Math...