Reverse light and hand brake indication

Hello all,

I've just had a lovely glavanised chassis put on. However I am disappointed to find that my reverse lamp (no 12V to socket) and both dash indicators lamps are not working for the hand brake(lamps ok).

Is there a common socket that has been left disconnected on top of the gearbos for these. Grateful for any advice, a bit dissappointed with the people that done the job, should have all been checked.

Thanks

Hello all,

I've just had a lovely glavanised chassis put on. However I am disappointed to find that my reverse lamp (no 12V to socket) and both dash indicators lamps are not working for the hand brake(lamps ok).

Is there a common socket that has been left disconnected on top of the gearbos for these. Grateful for any advice, a bit dissappointed with the people that done the job, should have all been checked.

Thanks

There is a quick connector for you reversing lamp just close to the actual switch, best accessed through your center seat box hatch, I don't have a handbrake indicator, but I'm guessing there is a similar connector in roughly the same location but closer to the handbrake.

When I take of the driver seat access pleate the yellow wire for the handbrake is lying disconnected - it seems to have a push in fitting - I can't see where it goes - any ideas? The wire is not that long.

Also looking across to the passenger side from here I can see a disconnected plug - am presuming this is the reverse light and just have to find the switch end?

Have just found these connection, one push in connection for the handbrake and both male and female connection for the reverse light just hanging loose. Thanks for the advice.

The electronic control unit under the middle seat on my 300tdi, is this for the EGR valve? He's just cut through that and left it - i think this is redundant? Isn't it?

Egr ECU & Valve on engine can be totally removed & hole in manifold blanked off.

good to read you found the unfitted connections, maybe a letter to whoever did the conversion just to say you would expect the vehicle to have everything returned in full working order.