AWDC CHALLENGER 4X4 SERIES 2011

Soliholic

Cause it says so ;)

"It" being ?

I ask because the MSA regulations don't require a spill kit to be carried in the vehicle and suspect someone at the AWDC has misread the regulations.

The small spill kits are also £4.00 each from the official MSA supplier.

AWDC Regs State:

13(h) Fluid Spillage See MSA blue book section(P)57.5.3

57.5.3 All vehicles must carry a small spill kit complying to J5.20.13

And the MSA blue book (P - Cross Country) itself:

http://www.msauk.org...s%20Country.pdf

Page 250 states:

57.5.3 All vehicles must carry a small spill kit complying to J5.20.13

Unless I'm reading it wrong?

Isn't that section 56? Section 57 is titled 'All Vehicle Types'.

"All vehicle types" is there because the comp safari etc... regs are broken down into different sections for monocoque, chassis, space frame and all vehicles. It is still specific to comp safari etc, hence the requirement for rear running lights, passenger grab handles, rear mud flaps to within 10cm of the ground and so on in the same "all vehicles" bit.

stick me and me new co driver down for the series, so who else is up for it,orange has gone realy quiet he must be saving up :D

Your not bluddy wrong!! Have you seen my list of stuff to do just to get an MoT, let alone a competitive truck!!

Tell you what, that £100 would come in dead handy if you want to pay me in advance!! :P

Great news Lucy. I'm looking at logistics as I have a fair few activities already in the calendar. Hoping that I can move a couple without too much fuss...

Your not bluddy wrong!! Have you seen my list of stuff to do just to get an MoT, let alone a competitive truck!!

Tell you what, that £100 would come in dead handy if you want to pay me in advance!! :P

Great news Lucy. I'm looking at logistics as I have a fair few activities already in the calendar. Hoping that I can move a couple without too much fuss...

fantastic i take it from that we got a wager

fantastic i take it from that we got a wager

We'd have to shake on it and, quite frankly, I can guess where you've been and it doesn't really appeal to me that much!! :o:P

Lets see if we both make it to the start line, shall we...

can anyone help with this?

my truck passsed scrutineering just fine at the last event of the season, exactly what changes have been introduced since then, i know im going to loose the will to live if i have to read through the whole lot of that again checking of every little thing as i go. surely there must be just a list of "the changes" rather than the ammended.

Hi Chaps,

Thought it was all going swimmingly!!! But I need to make a site change I am afraid. Round 1 will now be at muddy bottom and round three at slindon so the line up is as follows:

Round 1 - 13th March 2011 Muddy Bottom Minstead

Round 2 - 17th April 2011 West Harptree

Round 3 - 5th June 2011 Slindon safari

Round 4 - 24th July 2011 Mud Monsters East Grinstead

Round 5 - 18th September 2011 Yarwell

Round 6 - 23rd October 2011 Coney Green

I don't intend to make any more changes!!

HI There

I am keen to enter the Challenger series this year and I am in the process of adapting my trialler with the odd winch etc.

Could you confirm that competing vehicles need to have an MOT? My vehicle is a pretty tidy V8 RRC based trialler but it has no lights or indicators and it does not have an MOT.

Many thanks

Bigant

oh and another thing i trust that being an awdc challenge event, if my truck is ok to compete in this series, its ok to compete in all awdc challenge events in 2011 (XL challenge) without modification?

That depends... YOU would have to compare the technical regulations for the 2 events.

I know that the requirements for a roll cage to meet MSA spec differ between the 2 events... To be honest, it will take 30 minutes to run through the regs for YOU to check compliance. The last thing you want is to take someone else's interpretation of the regs and turn up to the first event and not pass scrutineering. That would be really annoying having spent a load of money to get there...

Just my 2p in the pot...