AWDC CHALLENGER 4X4 SERIES 2011

Soliholic

What a great start to the series :)

We were well chuffed with our results, And really happy with the amount of buddying up on certain punches, As per norm now ( which is a credit to all involved) A very well set up n run event,

A special thank you to the couple of teams that helped us out and the end when we lost our front winch ;)

Just gotta work out how to start cleaning the truck now :unsure:

Really looking forward to seing the dvd, we as many did had a onboard camera fitted for most of the day

Not sure who or if we are performing at the next round yet due to jollys to morroco ect, But looking forward to it

Hi there, my name is Rob and I attend a fair number of Winch Challenge events such as the Challenger 4x4, Mission 4x4 and now Mud Monsters series and enjoy taking photographs at them.

I'm not a Land Rover owner but do have an off roader and belong to the Essex and Rochford District Off Road Club (www.4x4er.co.uk).

I thought I'd join this forum and share my pictures with you,as there are only a few people in our club who compete in the Challenger so it makes sense to post a link to them on here too.

http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/ad216/kirkynut/Challenger%204x4%20Round%201%202011%20%20Muddy%20Bottom/

Some of you may know of me, others not, but I shall see you at other rounds of the Challenger throughout the year no doubt.

Rob

Thanks to all for a cracking start to the season. Punches were a tad limited, but that was due to the limitations of the site rather than the setting out!! Barring 5 punches, It was either a quagmire or a deep puddle to drive through!

I'm trying to think of a nice way to say that I don't think we'll bother with a return visit, but I'm failing dismally!!

Well done to all the prize winners! It was a real work out for both the toys and the co-drivers, so a great shock for us to be on the podium as we really didn't think we stood a chance! Biggest congrats have to go to the Class 2 drivers! Not entirely sure how you managed to get any punches, let alone get into double figures!

A load of pictures available here:

Photobucket

Courtesy of Rob (aka kirkynut) from the Essex, Rochford and District 4x4 Club. Thanks Rob!

Looking forward to West Harptree and hopefully less than 2 hours of jetwashing the truck!!

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks to all for a cracking start to the season. Punches were a tad limited, but that was due to the limitations of the site rather than the setting out!! Barring 5 punches, It was either a quagmire or a deep puddle to drive through!

I'm trying to think of a nice way to say that I don't think we'll bother with a return visit, but I'm failing dismally!!

Well done to all the prize winners! It was a real work out for both the toys and the co-drivers, so a great shock for us to be on the podium as we really didn't think we stood a chance! Biggest congrats have to go to the Class 2 drivers! Not entirely sure how you managed to get any punches, let alone get into double figures!

A load of pictures available here:

Photobucket

Courtesy of Rob (aka kirkynut) from the Essex, Rochford and District 4x4 Club. Thanks Rob!

Looking forward to West Harptree and hopefully less than 2 hours of jetwashing the truck!!

Cheers

Adrian

Was definitely a difficult site for us class 2 guys. Wasn't really helped by me ballsing up one of our first punches of the morning, getting us stuck for 2 hours!! The lack of winch anchor points was a problem, especially with only one winch and no lockers. New tyres seemed to do well though!!

Tom

Here are the results in an easier to read format

I am sorry if the co-drivers are incorrect, we had several late changes.

Some of the class one rankings are wrong in the PDF (and different to the text list), there are no 8th and 13th Places.

Some of the class one rankings are wrong in the PDF (and different to the text list), there are no 8th and 13th Places.

I could be wrong but, if you look at it purely on points and ignore classes, Kevin and I (Car No 17) would rank 8th overall, and Ben & Martin would have ranked 13th which would explain the gap there.

Tom

I could be wrong but, if you look at it purely on points and ignore classes, Kevin and I (Car No 17) would rank 8th overall, and Ben & Martin would have ranked 13th which would explain the gap there.

Tom

Yes that is the problem but they have their own ranks and the column title is class one rank and score.

It was a tad chilly with the water up to my chest. Unfortunately the main isolator decided to give in in the deepest part so lost power for the winches. Kept the engine running though. A little water in the PS fluid but all else seems to be OK.