AWDC CHALLENGER 4X4 SERIES 2011

Soliholic

Seriously, Dave, with the site the way it was, I can understand why Ben and Pete went for that punch!! Waist-line deep water is a lot easier to clean off than the waist-line deep mud that was the rest of the site, believe me!!

Also, you have to bear in mind the weather conditions presented to the organisers. No rain for approximately 2 weeks, so the site was better. Then, after setting out the site on the Saturday, the heavens opened over night and when we got back to the site in the morning we were presented with a whole different access road, let alone the course!!

If you want to have a look back through the Challenger pictures from last year, you will see what the series is all about and how the organisers set it out. A rough idea is that there are 10 fairly simple punches, 20 mid range and 10 at the harder end of the scale. This obviously varies slightly at each event due to the conditions and the available areas of the sites.

I do hope that noone who is considering entering the Challenger Series is put off by this one event. And I also hope that we won't be returning to the site...

When we were setting out the event we were told that the water was only waist deep max!! We would never have put a punch in there if we had know it was so deep. But please don't be put off by this, it is not the normal type of punch we set out!!!

Lucy

x

Think the words , challenge, dont attempt to drive anything you deem unsafe or too challenging for you or you truck come into it abit and isn`t it good practice to check depths before diving in.

I found with the howling wolf no water was used at all for some events due to complaints. then it wen the other way as people complained there was no water sections,

Keep up the good work challenger, I think the old "you can`t keep everyone happy springs to mind