200TDI block drain plug?

ajh

Does anyone know where and what thread the water jacket drain plug is on a 200TDI? I have a tank/circulation heater to install and looks like that'll be the best place to pull from and then Y into the heater matrix return hose for the return. I know where they are on the RV8 but haven't found them on the 200 yet (though I just brought it inside and hopefully all the ice melts off and things dry by morning and I'll be able to take a closer look.

Can you think of another location near the bottom of the block where coolant could be drawn from? Preferably on the oil-filter side vs the cluttered side? Seems to be on 223 which does mean it's on the more difficult to access side, I'll have to pull and see if I can make things fit there. Probably can, just a whole lot easier on the other side.

Thanks.

Yeah, looks like my best option is to put a Y fitting in where the lower rad hose heads to the expansion tank. Then I'm thinking if I put another Y into the return line (the one that goes into the head) from the heater core that will provide a bottom to top unrestricted loop for the convection current to circulate.

Does that sound right?