Defender juddering as pull away

Hi all, my 90 has started to judder quite badly as I pull away in first. It's much worse when I pull away in second. It seems to be fine when I am moving and only happens when I pull away. It didn't seem to happen when I tried reversing. Any ideas? Please tell me it's just my clutch slipping!

Thanks in advance for your help

John

200tdi original gearbox, am losing tons of clutch fluid and clutch is past it's best so it's in for a clutch and hydrolics change later this week (which is why I am praying it is the clutch and nothing else). I don't use it for towing but the previous owner might have.

Thanks

ok, do you have hydraulic fluid leaking out your bell housing? sounds like you could have got fluid on your flywheel/clutch from the leaking cylinder.

Make sure you get a heavy duty plate fitted, also advisable to get a new clutch release bearing/carrier and heavy duty (re-enforced)clutch fork, by doing that you're covering all the bases for having to go in there again, if donw properly using good parts, it should last you a afair while.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for short posts, posting using iphone

Got where I was going ok, after a while it was much better so assume I burnt off some oil on the clutch plate. Off home in a mo so hopefully I'll get back ok. Will post later to let you know. Am so pleased it's in for new clutch on thurs though!

Western, where will I find the mounts? I told you I'm mechanically inept ha ha :D

Great thanks Western, I'll check them.

Got home fine, the level of hydraulic fluid in the reservoir is low though. I'm certain its a leak from the slave. I do have to bleed the clutch quite often so its probably been getting worse recently.

I've asked for the heavy duty clutch plate (UQB000130 - thanks once again to western for the part number) but the guy who does my Landy says that he's only fitted those to the 300Tdi and not to a 200Tdi. I'm not sure if he meant that he can't/won't fit that part or that he has not done it up til now.

Thanks for everyone's input today, much obliged.

it'll fit, got one on my Defender 20tdi engine, clutch assembly & flywheel are common to 200 & 300Tdi engines, so you & your garage mate have no need to worry.

plus I believe the standard 6 spring friction plate has been superseded by this newer HD version for Defenders.