Discovery 150????

Disco_Dunk

Just been trundling along the A47 in Peterborough, when I spied a P-reg (300tdi) Disco with a large decal along the bottom of the doors, proclaiming 'Discovery 150' - it looked like a kosha decal (a lot like the 'XS' dimpled decal).

Anyone know the relevance of the 150?...... 150 miles since it last conked out? 150bhp (I wish)?..... is it a special edition or something?

Just wondered.....

Cheers

Dunk

It was featured in, I think, LRO a few years back. 6x6 tipping pickup with a Discovery Tdi front end IIRC. Quite a machine :)

But I assume Dunk would have noticed the difference between a standard Discovery and a 6x6 crew cab tipper :ph34r:

Heh..... yep - only 4 wheels I'm afraid...... I guess it COULD have said Discovery 50 - I only caught a glimpse as it went by.......

It was featured in, I think, LRO a few years back. 6x6 tipping pickup with a Discovery Tdi front end IIRC. Quite a machine :)

But I assume Dunk would have noticed the difference between a standard Discovery and a 6x6 crew cab tipper :ph34r:

[anorak mode]

The Discovery 150 was a special edition commissioned by a group of dealers in the Midlands in 1996. There were only 150 of them (hence the name) and they were similar to the XS but with a slightly different combination of extras.

[/anorak mode] :)

Well done that man!! - I wasn't imagining it, then (and my initial description of the XS-like decal was pretty good too!!) :D

Thanks for educating me.

Dunk

[anorak mode]

The Discovery 150 was a special edition commissioned by a group of dealers in the Midlands in 1996. There were only 150 of them (hence the name) and they were similar to the XS but with a slightly different combination of extras.

[/anorak mode] :)

:rolleyes:Its not a tipper but a 6 wheel 5dr disco stretched behind the side doors. Its not mine but some of the bodywork was from my 3dr 200tdi, its not quite finished yet and i dont know if the owner is ready for a public unveiling yet.

It is built on a RR 6 wheel, V8lpg fire tender chassis using a D1 5dr shell cut behind the rear side doors, that is joined to a 3dr rear shell that was cut behind the front doors, then is cut again approximately at the joint to the rear corners, this is then joined to another 3dr shell again cut behind the side doors.

:D Totaly baffled now??????????????? :)