Painting Wheels

Sandblasted my mach 5's in the garage & don't fancy spending £200 odd on having 6 powder coated! :ph34r:

Im well awake that painting wheels & off roading isn't ideal as they scratch/get buggered eventually.

Anyway i quite like the look of 'gun metal' so what are people's recommendations so far as paint & the best lacquer etc.. for the job?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Just called the only 2 local powder coating companys.

One said £40 a wheel & the other £32. So thats £192 & £240!

As i said before, can anyone share some advice on PAINT options.

Thanks...

Try David Holmes Coaters, Treefield Industrial Estate,Gildersome Gelderd Road,Morley, LEEDS, LS27 7JU Tel: 0113 2527663

I had him quote me last week for x4 ex military 6.5J steels blasting and coating. £120 all in was his price. I have used him for many parts in the past and he has always done a very good job. If you have already blasted them, then you should get it done even cheaper.

HTH,

Lee

PS. I can't help on the PAINT options :)

Sandblasted my mach 5's in the garage & don't fancy spending £200 odd on having 6 powder coated! :ph34r:

Im well awake that painting wheels & off roading isn't ideal as they scratch/get buggered eventually.

Anyway i quite like the look of 'gun metal' so what are people's recommendations so far as paint & the best lacquer etc.. for the job?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Hi Bob

As a part time business I refurb alloy wheels & the paint I use is normall 2 pack car paint & laquer so its as durabule as the paint on any modern car, use a good qualaty primer (2 pack) & then a good quality top coat but bare in mind you need to wear breathing aperatus as 2K paint WILL kill you :wacko: , shame your so far away as could of helped you out, hope thats of some help.

John

etch primer folllowed by 2k primer.Wet flat with 800 wet and dry,cellulose or 2k basecoat,topped off with 2k high solids laquer.

I get my paint from JAWEL paints

Bonatti grey is a nice gun metal colour,its the colour you find on the centre of most Disco ES Alloys.

Hope this is of some help.