diesel fuel additive/anti-waxing

rocky

Hi, a couple of weeks ago I had problems with my 90's diesel freezing. After a bit of searching I came across "stanadyne performance formula" diesel additive which is supposed to help prevent diesel gelling and waxing.

I bought a 235 ml bottle to try, which treats 120 litres. It can be bought online at www.dieselpartsdirect.co.uk, although I managed to get mine at my local LR agents. It is a lot cheaper on the net.

Hope this maybe some use. Regards, rocky

I used to work at an oil refinery blending (making) petrol and gas oils (diesel). There was a summer and winter spec. for cold climates (Nordic countries) where additives prevented waxing in the coldest weather. Maybe the refineries need to look at our changing climate, or like you we can add our own anti waxing agents. But DIY adds yet more to the cost of motoring. :(

Hi, as I mentioned in an earlier post, when I asked the main agents if I could use some parrafin or petrol to stop the diesel waxing with the puma engine, they said that it wasn't advisable. I used parrafin at 4ltrs per tankful in my old 300tdi and I never had any more problems. rocky