Front bumper & wing legality.

TobyMellin

The vehicle is not road legal in UK period! the wings from a projection point of view are not illegal as they are deformable , the tyres are not sufficiently covered is another point which the wings as they are do not adress. The vehicle does not have a bumper per se and is therefore illegal. There are so many things wrong from RVLR where do you start ? If you drive that on the road , burn your licence before you start to save time . HTSH

Sorry, MOT legal.

I was thinking of doing something similar, although not as extreme for my discovery. Although, it would allow similar tyre coverage to a tubular defender wing set up. Example below.

IMG_1102.JPG

I assume this style bumper & amount of tyre coverage is ok?

Hi, rear coverage not technically , all of it is right on the borderline of legality , road usage wise , esp if anything untoward was to happen , but its your decision , and how lucky yu think you are ? Have a look at C&U regs on opsi site , you will see what I am on about .

The vehicle is not road legal in UK period! the wings from a projection point of view are not illegal as they are deformable , the tyres are not sufficiently covered is another point which the wings as they are do not adress. The vehicle does not have a bumper per se and is therefore illegal. There are so many things wrong from RVLR where do you start ? If you drive that on the road , burn your licence before you start to save time . HTSH

sorry,but you do not have to have a bumper legally,as long as there are no sharp projections.

While I am not saying you are wrong (I just don't know), I do know of someone who was refused an MOT cert. because their SIIA did not have a bumper fitted.

As regards the OP, I would have thought that a significant problem with that setup being road legal is that it does not appear to have any front indicators.

Nick.