jj fearn and rakeway

forestgrump

Too be fair....... the rakeway refurbished gearbox did explode a little under 1,000 miles later.... quite a colourful incident while doing 70 on the m1 ( apparently it would have worked better with some oil in it ) .... so the lesson is.... get the clutch fitted by a decent mechanic, make sure the gearbox has a bit of oil to help it spin and don't tug ambulances unless the thick end of a £ 1,500 rebuild is going to be on the nhs !

MOG, everyones seen worlds strongest man, there are plenty of people in the world whom can pull a lorry with sheer body strength.

Ofcourse i landrover can pull a 12tonne lorry on the flat, infact it wouldnt take much BHP at all (i forget the maths i learnt at uni)

But when people fantasise about pulling a 40tonne "fully loaded" lorry UP hill on sheet ice... well ive drive my 90 on enough sheet ice to know it can barely pull itself up it.

This isnt a argument of power, because i appreciate a landy would pull a loaded artic on the flat, in low range... maybe

A wouldnt be able to get sufficient traction to pull a 40tonne artic up hill - no way.

2ton landy pulling 40ton lorry? errr no.

Oh yes it would

Some people on these forums live in fairy land!!