pressure switch needed

dirtydiesel

Intermotor

51157 M14 x 1.5 13.5 psi N/C

50875 M16 x 1.5 10.5 - 14.5 psi N/C

51168 M10 x 1 12 - 15 psi N/O

Have a look at their online catalogue for more information, it's very good with pictures and info :)

G

You can make your own?

No, wait a minute, it's not a silly idea - it's actually pretty easy!

Take a micro-switch and glue it to a jubilee clip. Wrap the clip round a coke bottle such that when the pressure in the bottle is high enough it presses the switch. You can adjust the pressure easily with the jubilee clip. You get barbed tank connectors for attaching hoses to tanks through a drilled hole. This can be attached to the bottle cap for the pressure connection.

Si

Intermotor

51157 M14 x 1.5 13.5 psi N/C

50875 M16 x 1.5 10.5 - 14.5 psi N/C

51168 M10 x 1 12 - 15 psi N/O

Have a look at their online catalogue for more information, it's very good with pictures and info :)

G

Fantastic, did you search the intermotor site by pressure range?

You can make your own?

No, wait a minute, it's not a silly idea - it's actually pretty easy!

Take a micro-switch and glue it to a jubilee clip. Wrap the clip round a coke bottle such that when the pressure in the bottle is high enough it presses the switch. You can adjust the pressure easily with the jubilee clip. You get barbed tank connectors for attaching hoses to tanks through a drilled hole. This can be attached to the bottle cap for the pressure connection.

Si

Si, you really are as mad as a box of frogs.

It'd take me a month to come up with such an elaboratly simple adjustable solution, i even had to read your post twice to understand it, time for bed me thinks

Very very nice, a bit spendy though, if i can get the cheap option to do what i want, one of these would be the solution.

Whats it for DD?

Lots of control types on here who can maybe help if given more info.

I was looking for a similar thing to automate the g lockers hydraulics, to maintain constant pressure on the dog.

RR

Fantastic, did you search the intermotor site by pressure range?

You can't search by pressure range, only by car model. I found those manually when i was looking for a sender for my accumulator.

Hope they help

G

Whats it for DD?

Lots of control types on here who can maybe help if given more info.

I was looking for a similar thing to automate the g lockers hydraulics, to maintain constant pressure on the dog.

RR

Primrarly as an overboost warning light/alarm.

I was just going to d&t it into the inlet manifold

I've got a 51168 intermotor switch today i just need to check how well calibrated it is, before i try to fit it.

I've got a 51168 intermotor switch today i just need to check how well calibrated it is, before i try to fit it.

Most automotive stuff like that isn't really calibrated at all unless it's connected to the ECU. Gauge senders / warning light switches tend to be fairly ballpark.

Is the vehicle running Megasquirt? If it is, it's easy enough to set up an overboost warning light controlled by the ECU, that would be pretty accurate too.