tc and hdc lights

neildon

hi all....

i apologise if this has been covered and i suspect it has, (i have tried searching but cant find anything, i imagine im not typing in the right parameters).

i have a 2001 v6 and it has been fine, last day or two the TC and HDC amber lights have come on together occassionaly when braking. at first I assumed it was genuinely the TC notifying me it was operating (due to snow and ice)but with the HDC on as well i wondered if there is an issue.

any information would be greatly received

many thanks

Neil

hi there

Its the brake light switch above the brake pedal thats the issue. Had same issue on my TD4 sport. Occassionally lights would come when braking then stay on for 5 -10 mins. Its about £20 from LR. Its the switch and modification loom wire.

Hope this helps

Regards

Nick

hi there

Its the brake light switch above the brake pedal thats the issue. Had same issue on my TD4 sport. Occassionally lights would come when braking then stay on for 5 -10 mins. Its about £20 from LR. Its the switch and modification loom wire.

Hope this helps

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks, thats a great help...I'll get that sorted as it sounds simple enough.

regards

Neil.

Since the cold weather in the past 2 months, i've had 2 occasions where ive started my 04 TD4 sport in the morning and the TC and HDC lights have stayed on for about 10 mins, then gone off.

Could ice forming inside the car cause this because i havent had a problem since?

Thanks for posting the info Fridge, it's definitely worth knowing that this isn't a serious problem and that it's a simple fix. Much appreciated!

Sorry if I was a little to sharp with the reply, it just boggles me why anyone would want to join that forum.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...