Suspension

Apologies for another post on a topic that looks like it has been covered to death but im still clueless a to what i need to do,

my current tyres are 235,85 r16 Sahara's and after going for a play today i found my defender to be somewhat hopeless, one of the problems I can identify is that the tyres are rubbing in the arches, stopping and resulting in me getting stuck,it also seems that as the suspension is all standard still its pretty god dam hard and rather harsh over the bumps.

i know i need a 2" lift to clear the tyres, but what i would like to do at the same time is fit some dislocation cones,some longer shocks, i know that will result in either wide angle props are double carden props (excuse spelling).

im considering using terifferma shocks dislocation cones and 2" springs. what is the longest shock i can go with,will i need shock brackets, i understand cranked arms will be needed, but what else, at the moment the 90 is standard except for tyres and a winch bumper, but i will need to take into consideration future modifications as which springs to buy.

be much appreciated for any advice

tom

i do believe insa are remoulds, measuring it with a tape they are 31" tall. if they are standard size, then my lack of power i put down to the tyres isn't that, if they are rubbing in the arches then there another problem cause all the bump stops are there. please excuse the silly questions, im a novice to land rovers

i do believe insa are remoulds, measuring it with a tape they are 31" tall. if they are standard size, then my lack of power i put down to the tyres isn't that, if they are rubbing in the arches then there another problem cause all the bump stops are there. please excuse the silly questions, im a novice to land rovers

if ur lookin for good suspension try gwyn lewis he sells all the challenge spec stuff and if u ring him he is very helpfull and will point u in the right direction . gwyn lewis .co.uk :rolleyes:

Before you go spending all your money in one go, with merely a 2" lift you dont need a different prop or needcastor corrected arms. These are things that you may wish to do at a later stage but not essential.

+2" shocks would suffice too. Once you start modifying your Landy your never be finished but then thats half the fun ;)

You can save a lot of fannying about by spending a couple of quid on a tape measure and doing some maths, it's not hard and there's Trev's spring calculator to help you with part numbers etc., that way you know everything will work (and clear) as it should.

Personally I would avoid extra lift unless absolutely necessary for clearance.