Standard spring height please on a RRC

paul mc

I need to buy myself a set of cranked front radius arms to compensate for the lift i am currently running, obviously i have a choice of 3deg or 6deg cranks and i know the 3deg crank is recommended for 2" lifts and 6deg for 4"ish lifts but i am not exactly sure what lift i have achieved as I have built a hybrid using largely RRC stuff but with series body.

The coils i am using are definately +2" but with the reduced weights etc on them i think the overall lift is more than the two inches so i may need the 6degree arms.

My question is could someone please measure for me the spring heights on a standard RRC in an unloaded vehicle (i.e. kerb weight) and i can compare that to what i have.

Thanks very much

Paul

Hi Paul

I have been looking at this myself because my springs sag on the drivers side and I was wondering whether I needed longer than standard springs to maintain clearance on my 235/85 tyres.

Anyway, I think the answer to your question is here on RAVE........ 790mm +/- 20mm from floor to top of wheel arch.

Hope this helps.

Pete

post-24161-011702400 1293719725_thumb.jpg

As far as i was concerned the accepted suggestion is that you need castor corrective radius arms when fitting a lift of more than 2" to maintain correct geometry. I currently don't have them fitted and the handling at even lowish speeds, about 30mph, is quite vague.

Hi Paul

I have been looking at this myself because my springs sag on the drivers side and I was wondering whether I needed longer than standard springs to maintain clearance on my 235/85 tyres.

Anyway, I think the answer to your question is here on RAVE........ 790mm +/- 20mm from floor to top of wheel arch.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Thanks for the response Pete but unfortunately i can't check it that way as i have a series 3 body on mine so the measurements from floor to wheel arch will not apply to me

Spring seat to spring seat at the front is 10" standard. IIRC.

Fitting cranked arms will mean a double cardan front prop. If you can afford it, great, otherwise, live with the vague straight ahead steering or reduce the lift to something tolerable.