Rear Air Bags

jameslwt

My 2002 td5 has suddenly started (after a long journey with 4 adults) sitting right down on the passenger side rear corner, after it's been parked up for a few minutes. I am guessing the rear air suspension bag on that side is leaking? When running it seemed to pump up ok, but havent taken car on raod since I noticed yesterday morning.

Not too worried as it's still under warranty (the car) and due to go back in (again!!) but just thinking ahead. They've already had it back twice 'cos the ACE light keeps coming on (amber) and I'm starting to wonder whether they are trying to bodge it to avoid anything more sinister.

On this ACE note, if I got a tame land rover mechanic to run a diagnostic (Nanocom presumably) on why the ACE light comes on (only sometimes), will it automatically clear the fault? Just thinking, as this will be the 3rd time it has gone back under warranty, that maybe they are cleaning a sensor or changing the filter(?? thats what they told me last time)and not actually fixing the real problem? Getting a bit fed up with them and this car ATM - either they didn't service it properly prior to collection, or they put old engine oil back in as it was nice and black! Doesn't fill me with confidence at all! Am temnpted to have a diagnostic run elsewhere and then see what this other garage say!

Isw it worth me paying to have the other airbag done at the same time?

If it's under warranty let them do the fixing, and keep at them until it is fixed.

It does sound like an airbag fault. I replaced just the leaking one and haven't had any problems, I'll replace the other one when that leaks. I certainly wouldn't pay to have the other one changed as well as it's an easy job for you to do when it's out of warranty and they're about £75.

If it's from Taunton Land Rover I'm not surprised they can't fix the faults <_<

Thanks for the reply.

No not Taunton Land Rover - an independent just off the M5 . Because of the oil thing, I have been making them fix everything, not matter how minor and to be fair they have sorted most of it bar this ACE light thing. My thinking was though that I could get someone else to do a diagnostic first but not tell the warranty garage, then see what they come up with. If they give me a different fault then I'll know they are talking rubbish?! Just cheesed off that they were meant to do a full service prior to collection, and even made a point about saying they would actually do this and not just change the oil. Yet the oil 1 day later was black which I would associate with old oil?

Depends on the condition of the engine/mileage/previous services etc, I wouldn't immediately think that they haven't done it. The engine might need a flush out, hard to say really. But yes, the oil could be black after just a day.