Cooper ST discontinued

cackshifter

Banning 4x4 vehicles :lol:

I thing there's a bit of paranoia going on here. ;)

They'll never ban 4x4s and gas guzzlers, they generate way too much money, they might make them more expensive to run by increasing road tax car tax and fuel costs but they'll never ban them, not in a million years.

they all go on about us using public transport but it's a joke, I use a mechanic in Blackburn, 35 miles, takes me 40 mins door to door, I had to leave the landy up there ,came back on the train, walk to the station 10mins, train to Preston, train to warrington, bus home, journey time 3 hours.

If we all stopped driving the country would be on it's knees in 3 days, no 75% tax on diesel,nobody gets to work.

They may bleat on about the environment but it's all BS, an excuse to charge us more in the name of saving the planet

It always makes me laugh when 4x4 drivers get the brunt of the greenies wrath, they'll wave their placards at a 2.5l defender or range rover while the Mercedes 6.0 twin turbo sneaks past unnoticed.

It'll never happen so stop worrying about it.

they all go on about us using public transport but it's a joke, I use a mechanic in Blackburn, 35 miles, takes me 40 mins door to door, I had to leave the landy up there ,came back on the train, walk to the station 10mins, train to Preston, train to warrington, bus home, journey time 3 hours.

Nice point, but also just curious, who do you go to in Blackburn? I work there but was unaware of any LR people within 10 mins walk of the station.

Regards

Nigel

There are quite a few makes of tyre being phased out due to the now noise regulations AND numerous other issues (pollution for example) but this is typical of when a brand is going through the phasing out 'phase'. That way you sell as many of the tyres in stock as possible. What idiot wouldn't have a new product ready to replace the old product - like I can see that happening! "Oh yes we have a new tyre coming out soon, you don't mind waiting do you?"

Oddly enough the new BFG tyre is rather better than the old one, not just quieter...

There are quite a few makes of tyre being phased out due to the now noise regulations AND numerous other issues (pollution for example) but this is typical of when a brand is going through the phasing out 'phase'. That way you sell as many of the tyres in stock as possible. What idiot wouldn't have a new product ready to replace the old product - like I can see that happening! "Oh yes we have a new tyre coming out soon, you don't mind waiting do you?"

Oddly enough the new BFG tyre is rather better than the old one, not just quieter...

that's exactly what happened with the BFG though at least in some sizes. We haven't been able to get the old KM2 in 33x12.50R15 from the UK for about six months now, but the first consignment of the new MT2 in this size has only just become available. Nuts. Mind you, half the tyres we normally sell are on backorder and I understand there are massive problems obtaining sensible stock levels from most of the major 4x4 tyre manufacturers, and that's from a major UK agent (who would probably prefer to remain nameless).

I have some of the new BFGs sitting in a container somewhere not too far away which I hope to see in the next week or so, so if I buy them and not the Hankooks I will find out whether they are better :)

Shame about the prices though :( all tyre prices are going nuts at the moment.

Stephen, getting the old MT's in 33/12.5x15 was never easy here - I think you had them all. I've been after 33x9.50 in 15 or 16 for years, nary a sniff. As for the old MT's in any size since the MT2 launch....

I have a deep liking for the Maxxis Buckshot Mudder. Great tyre, probably the best alround MT around, also good sypes, so damn good on ice and compact snow. Supposed to be available over here in 255/85x16; even the importer laughed at that. Availability is drying up as it's not EU speced. Damned shame as it's well priced.

Stephen, getting the old MT's in 33/12.5x15 was never easy here - I think you had them all. I've been after 33x9.50 in 15 or 16 for years, nary a sniff. As for the old MT's in any size since the MT2 launch....

I have a deep liking for the Maxxis Buckshot Mudder. Great tyre, probably the best alround MT around, also good sypes, so damn good on ice and compact snow. Supposed to be available over here in 255/85x16; even the importer laughed at that. Availability is drying up as it's not EU speced. Damned shame as it's well priced.

what is this mystical siped buckshot mudder you speak of? I've only ever seen one with solid blocks. Well they do have a single half cut on each block but I presume this is not the siping you refer to.

I phoned Cooper tyres UK today and they said the Cooper ST is NOT being discontinued. So, where did this rumour start?

Craddocks told me that when I rang to inquire about tyres. After the Grabber AT2 it sounded vaguely plausible but I hadn't heard it before. Nigel

Craddocks told me that when I rang to inquire about tyres. After the Grabber AT2 it sounded vaguely plausible but I hadn't heard it before. Nigel

There have been some supply issues with coopers, my friend had to wait 2 months for his 265/75-16 STT's to arrive as cooper uk were out of stock.