Wheel offsets

Hello peeps,

Wondering if the experienced people on here can help me understand what I should consider to help me improve my turning circle...

I have a 110 currently with BFG MT's that are approximate. 32 inch diameter.

I'm consideing a tyre change that may involve going up to 35 inches... What sort of offset should I be looking for to help me recover some turning circle and not totally screw my wheel bearings too regularly?

Any wheel recommendations considered.

Thanks in advance...

Neil

Most off the shelf modulars are +8mm offset, which means the centre of the rim sits 8mm in from the centre of the hub flange, if that makes sense, most standard LR wheels are +33mm....... i have modulars with zero offset, but i only run 32's, so the 35's will most likely be wider.... so regular modulars i suspect would be your best compromise.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello peeps,

Wondering if the experienced people on here can help me understand what I should consider to help me improve my turning circle...

I have a 110 currently with BFG MT's that are approximate. 32 inch diameter.

I'm consideing a tyre change that may involve going up to 35 inches... What sort of offset should I be looking for to help me recover some turning circle and not totally screw my wheel bearings too regularly?

Any wheel recommendations considered.

Thanks in advance...

Neil

I run -22mm offset rims with 35"Trepadores on my 110 without any clearance problems.But you will need extended wheel arch flares.But the good thing is it widens your track for added stability.

Wayne