safari snorkels Question about

reads90

How many of you need replacement parts for the top of the safari snorkle. Ie the top and the grill on the from of the air intake

Just a question to know if people like me have broken them and need replacements

Guest diesel_jim

You can buy nice orange ones with a certain creature cut into the shape of the grille.....

scorcover.jpg

Utter class eh?

Think it comes with several free "England" car window flags too.... :o

You can buy nice orange ones with a certain creature cut into the shape of the grille.....

scorcover.jpg

Utter class eh?

Think it comes with several free "England" car window flags too.... :o

god would not have a scrap iron one if you paid me

me neither

would rather risk ingesting small birds than fit THAT to my safari.... :angry:

Hmmmmmmm........ have seen alot of 'Anti' about that coy on this forum and was curious as to

why so many forum members are joining an Anti brigade. Of course if they are orible evil spell weaving

floaters then justified are the comments.

Maybe the Anti 4x4 brigade hate them more than 4x4's, (or it maybe that they sell them parts, anti brigades normaly have double standards). I say normaly as I have yet to meet a LR 4x4'er who is not of the purest, considerate and most ballanced of mind....

So please tell me what is SR's crime? as I was thinking of buying some bits from them.

i've not jumped on any bandwagon, i've experienced SR and their wonderfull customer service myself, and had already decided to boycot them before it become the thing to do.... i'm sure someone will be along in a minute to explain what went on with a certain forum member, who runs a small, but highly regarded company supplying off-road goodies.... who got shafted in a major way by SR...

its a free country, buy from them if you like, but don't expect a friendly response on here if you start a thread moaning about their inferior products, rude staff, over pricing, non existant customer service.....

m@tt.

There is a thread on this forum somewhere which will explain why so many here are Anti SIR, sure someone will find it and post a link, whgilst this was bad in itself, it was prob the "Final Straw" for many here

I didn't need this tho.....I 'dalready had 1st hand experienmce of the compnaies customer service - or complete lack of it.

As such I will never recomend them, nor will I ever spend my money there where I have a choice.

And finally, that is gastly n chavy innit :angry:

Nige

Not meaning to rub SR's nose in it yet again :P

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=4300&hl=

Les. :)

:o Oh........!!! Having read what they did to Si

orible evil spell weaving floaters dosnt begin to describe them :angry:

Unfortunate as my DOB is 1-11 so liked idea of birth sign...

But will look elseware for new Snorkle grill. and or any other parts after reading from freeagent,

Les & hybrid F H.....

design reg on products is the way to go for interim protection and its easy to get.

in general one can't get pattent if product has been on public display. :(

Lawrence

How many of you need replacement parts for the top of the safari snorkle. Ie the top and the grill on the from of the air intake

Just a question to know if people like me have broken them and need replacements

In answer to the origional question,

I could do with a spare.

Have you found a more reasonable priced replacement?

Safari Snorkle ones are not cheap.

Cheers

Richard

Hmmmmmmm........ have seen alot of 'Anti' about that coy on this forum and was curious as to

why so many forum members are joining an Anti brigade. Of course if they are orible evil spell weaving

floaters then justified are the comments.

Actually my main objection to that particular grille was that it is "Fugly" :P:hysterical:

The other things which people have already said about the company don't serve to change my mind though :)

Maybe Si should make an "X" logo'ed replacement grille? ;)

Not many trees to break mine on round here, so the original is still fine on mine :)

oh dear that scrap iron thing is disgusting, they dont improve do they?

ive got a cracked grill on my safari, but since turning the top backwards as i was sick of emptying the airbox of leaves its never be damaged again. so it can stay as it is, drop of supaglue & its fine.

Not many trees to break mine on round here, so the original is still fine on mine :)

I thought that as well until I was driving along one of the single track roads on the island and a seagull didn't get airbourne fast enough and got a Safari grill up the @ss!!

You should have seen the look I got from him! :D

Anyway, I have to admit, I went for the Scrapiron grill but it's just a laser cut copy of the original and doesn't have the scorpion on it. ;)

I only went for this because, at the time, I couldn't find anyone doing spares for the Safari Snorkel so if Reads90 has found an outlet in Oz then bring it on. :D

Ali, I got a Safari top from ARB in Perth a few years ago, for about 70 bucks, it should`nt be to much trouble getting one over there.

In answer to the origional question,

I could do with a spare.

Have you found a more reasonable priced replacement?

Safari Snorkle ones are not cheap.

Not replacement but real safari replacements bits

And yeah reasonabley priced

Not replacement but real safari replacements bits

And yeah reasonabley priced

If you have access to some complete tops can you PM a price, or put it on here.

PM is easier to reply to as I get email notification, I don't have to sift through the OT posts. :P

Thanks

Richard

If you have access to some complete tops can you PM a price, or put it on here.

PM is easier to reply to as I get email notification, I don't have to sift through the OT posts. :P

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard, the tops aren't cheap. IIRC the GKN (the importers) list price is arround £50 and they're price for grills is £7 - £8 however, they NEVER have grills in the UK. I've tried to find replacements but I've failed. I think they may now be starting to get them in stock.

Hi Richard, the tops aren't cheap. IIRC the GKN (the importers) list price is arround £50 and they're price for grills is £7 - £8 however, they NEVER have grills in the UK. I've tried to find replacements but I've failed. I think they may now be starting to get them in stock.

Hi Will

I got one a year or so ago for about £45 as I like to keep a spare for the red 90.

I need to set up a pair of snorkles for the orange 90 now, so if they are reasonable I'd get a couple of tops.

For the grills I will get lazer cut metal ones and spray them black. I find the standard ones very flimsy.

Cheers

Richard

Hi, Discoparts do a stainless steel version of the origional Safari grill for £14 - hopefully my one should be delivered today so a photo may follow.

Neil

When I was at Paddocks a fe weeks ago the boss said he was going to have some stainless ones made.

Regards

Leeds