stronger springs needed for d2

maxtherotti

hi all happy new year!!!! :D

my boss runs a early d2 td5 and tows lots of heavy trailers while loaded and the thing is killing bearmach hd springs in weeks

so my question is what are the strongest springs available for the d2?

slight lift (1 or 2 inch) is good also

Thanks Rob

swap it for one with air suspension on the back :ph34r:

seriously, air suspension and ride height sensors are excellent for towing heavy loads. The heavier the load the harder the bags get pumped up to maintain ride height. Makes it all very stable and predictable. Genuine bags (dunlop i believe) arent that expensive and last for a long time.

swap it for one with air suspension on the back :ph34r:

As Bishbosh says, fit air helper springs, all the same advantages, but none of the failure / reliablity risks. Moose on here runs them on his D1 tow car and a guy who tows boats for me at work has them on a D1. Basically they're an air bag inside the rear spring which is inflated using an air source (petrol station, compressor, foot pump) through a tyre valve on the rear wing when carrying heavy loads. They are available from Matt Savage.