exhaust manifold bolts

jad

Hi

I am putting a 300 turbo on a 200 disco engine in a 90.

(I do not want to get into a conversation on the pros and cons)

the manifold of the 300 is thicker than the 200. I therefore need to change the studs in the 200 head. Does anyone know if the 300 exhaust manifolds bolts are the same thread and will fit the 200 head?

thanks

Jad

right i believe i have a solution. there are 2 lengths of manifold stud I can fit the longer studs to where the shorter studs normally are, which should be long enough (Ill have a look this morning).

There were 2 longer studs where the heater pipe was clamped on with a second nut on the manifold studs. Does anyone see a problem with missing out the second nut and just putting the heater pipe bracket between the manifold and first nut? This should give me the length I need.

Also, Am I ok re using the exhaust/inlet manifold gasket or should i remove the inlet manifold and replace it? Going to order the parts tomorrow so if someone could get back to me that would be great.

Cheers

Jad