Cordless Impact Gun

bishbosh

I have just had the pleasure of using a battery impact gun for the first time and I am hooked.

So my question is, which tool is the best in the cheap end of the range.

Sure, I'd have a deWalt or Milwaukee but I don't have £2-300 burning a hole unfortunately.

Did a search and found this recommendation from the forum, but has anyone else got any?

Also, what about impact sockets? Where from etc. etc?

Cheers,

Bish.

Bish,

I can get the new Bosch 1/2inch impact cordless drills at discounted prices. Think they do 14.4, 18 and 24V versions with 2 batteries and charger etc. Can't remember the prices off top of head although i passed them to JST recently. Think it was about 170 for the 18V.

Will have alook tomorrow and update. Probably a bit more than you wanted to pay but worth a mention.

Dan

Charles,

I got one of the Northern tool ones when that thread was first posted. I havn't used it loads, but I have been very pleased with it when I have. For the money, and for someone who isn't using it all day, every day I think it is good value. I don't rate rolson tools that much, but as I said this one is pretty good.

Impact sockets - it comes with 4 (including LR wheel nuts - 27mm) but I wouldn't know where to get more from - I already had some imperial ones, but I can't remember where thay came from! eBlag?

Cheers

Mark

A couple of weeks ago I bought one from here on Ebay and I'm very pleased. It's done about four wheels on/off on a single charge, but comes with a 1hr charger and a second battery. I plumped for the 18pce socket set too, they were out of stock of the one mentioned so sent me an 18pce Rolson set instead. Not the best quality perhaps but seems plenty adequate for what I'm doing with it.

Last week my car failed the MOT for cuts to the sidewall of one tyre, so Mr MOT advised me to fit the spare. Didn't I look like the coolest guy in school when I jacked it up on his forecourt, blitzed the wheel off and fitted the spare? I re-presented it for test 5 mins after receiving the failure sheet, and it passed :)

It wouldn't take very long to re-fit the allegedly dangerous tyre that evening either, but I wouldn't know about that. You're welcome to borrow it for a week to trial it if you like?

I have just had the pleasure of using a battery impact gun for the first time and I am hooked.

So my question is, which tool is the best in the cheap end of the range.

Sure, I'd have a deWalt or Milwaukee but I don't have £2-300 burning a hole unfortunately.

Did a search and found this recommendation from the forum, but has anyone else got any?

Also, what about impact sockets? Where from etc. etc?

Cheers,

Bish.

Hi bish,the one of ebay is the same as northern tools (carp)if you look in northern tools cataloge get the sealy 285lbs torque 19.2 volt just look at the shipping Wt had one for about 4 years and still takes rusty landy wheels of you only get what you pay for £187.88 inc vat.i have a carp ebay one what a load of rubbish

cheers Saley

Dewalt 18v. It removed the crank nut from my 300TDI last week that was sodding tight.

will change numerous sets of wheels on 1 charge

has x2 batteries and a max 300ft/lbs capability.

I also purchased the 12v in car charger.

Dewalt 18v. It removed the crank nut from my 300TDI last week that was sodding tight.

will change numerous sets of wheels on 1 charge

has x2 batteries and a max 300ft/lbs capability.

I also purchased the 12v in car charger.

Dewalt 18V for me too. Handy because the batteries also fit the other Dewalt tools (Drill etc)

Dewalt 18V for me too. Handy because the batteries also fit the other Dewalt tools (Drill etc)

i know exactly what you mean, i bought the dewalt for that exact reason take one kit box and as many tools as you need, with these things i would say you only get what you pay for, dewalt says it all, fast charge makes up for somethign, i reckon mine will take of and put back on about 20 wheels before the battery fails! by which time the other battery should have charged unless youre super fit and can do more than 5 sets in an hour!!!