LPG costs

jules

15-16mpg over the last 33-35,000 miles-ish.

Thats a basic closed loop system feeding mixer rings on each SU- fitted to a 3.5 in a ragtop 90.

Hoping for a little more now that I have a wideband lambda sensor fitted and can actually see what is going on and when. It was running mega rich in places when i first fitted it.

*edit- aaaaaagh! From my calcs using 75.9ppl and 128ppl for lpg and petrol I am only getting an equivalent of 25mpg on petrol now! (Thats using 15mpg as my consumption).

What the best you can get out of a 3.5 on Petrol with Megasquirt and heavy motorway mileage?

New BP oil & gas deal may have an effect on near future prices?

Mm yeah and that will make the price drop. Oh look a pig flying :rolleyes:

There are somethings in life that go up but never really go back down in price , one is fuel the others are energy and water rates

Moved on the LPG fueled Cherokee a few months back due to the rising cost and replaced it with the TD5 90. My weekly fuel costs have dropped by 20% (when I'm in the office)! LPG prices do seem to be whatever the filling station can get away with. Locally it is about 75p/litre. 5 years ago it was 40p.

Moved on the LPG fueled Cherokee a few months back due to the rising cost and replaced it with the TD5 90. My weekly fuel costs have dropped by 20% (when I'm in the office)! LPG prices do seem to be whatever the filling station can get away with. Locally it is about 75p/litre. 5 years ago it was 40p.

Yes but 5 years ago petrol was 81p

My two local Shell's are now at 81p

...and at the time a 50% cheaper fuel with the same economy was the way to go. Now that cost break has gone :(

Not quite gone it's a shed load cheper then running it on Petrol and just about cheaper then Heavy Oil sorry diesel.

Ringwood sumerfrild is around 68p so its not all bad