TD5 Stiff gear changes when cold.

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum and am hoping you can help me figure out why its a real struggle to engage 1st & 2nd gear when starting on a journey first thing in the morning. After about 10mins driving through town, changing gears/starting stopping etc, things start to get easier and smoother. Any ideas?

Thanks

As a long-time user of MTF94 until my 20l drum ran out I switched to Redline Oil MTL and found the gearchange to be even better. The advantage of these fully-synthetic oils is that they are completely heat-proof and don't wear out so never need to be changed. The improvement in the gear change is because these oils are engineered to have a HIGHER coefficient of friction and this helps the synchros. If the oil is too 'slippery' the synchro cones can't get a grip. Makes some sense, eh?

Oh, and the disadvantage is that they cost a lot. But if you never need to change the oil....