No heat

bushwhacker

O boy what next.

I have done the p gasket and cant get heat to the inside blower.

Filled rad to plug hole. Filled up to thermo housing plug. Raised the expansion tank. Squeezed the hoses and even cursed a few times and no joy. It is not boiling up or pressurising the expansion tank and the gauge sits just under halfway so a dodgy water pump maybe. Any thoughts of the helpful kind please. :huh:

You can try taking a heater pipe off the back of the head, hold it above the heater and pour water in the pipe (Or use a hose pipe) and wait until water comes out of the block, then put the heater pipe back on trying to let as little air in as possible while doing so, and make sure the jubilee clip is already on.

Flush the heater matrix out and flush the whole circuit out with one table spoon of dish washer powerder, then flush with clean water both ways.

If not then blow out the breather pipes from the thermostat housing to the black ball and from the radiator to the black ball.

Thanks for help guys but still no joy, awell.

I can get water to circulate with the garden hose plumbed in (but can't drive far) :lol: .

System now washed out unfortunately the new anti freeze went with it. :(

I will have to try a new water pump next week. :P

Buy a genuine pump, its worth the extra pennies

If that doesn't cure it, I will have to find a new home for it. Urgent need for cash to repair my 200 Dis offroader/onroader with a blown head gasket, I'm thinking £2oo ish. Fingers crossed. My 110 and not forgetting the RR also need finished. Oboy Oboy.

The new owner if I get one WILL be told about the problem. and they can take it or leave.

• 2 weeks later...