Rear/Stop Light Bulb Replacement

SPendrey

I often wonder about the word 'design' as it applies to cars. :angry:

As for the Discovery - having had a few tussles changing bulbs in 7 seaters - I now remove the rear lens .

I find it easier to manage the screws holding on the lens than trying to remove and replace a bulb.

most modern cars require the front end to be dismantled to change a bulb. recently had a customer on the phone who had been quoted £60+vat to have a headight bulb changed on a galaxy :blink: (at the main dealer)

IIRC xsara picasso's require the bumper to be removed to get at the bulbs.

Its is pain in the ****. However thinking about it at least LR didn't do what fiat did for my punto front headlight and put a fuse box right behind where you popped the back of the headlight off :lol:

most modern cars require the front end to be dismantled to change a bulb. recently had a customer on the phone who had been quoted £60+vat to have a headight bulb changed on a galaxy :blink: (at the main dealer)

IIRC xsara picasso's require the bumper to be removed to get at the bulbs.

Ah, my previous car was a Galaxy (2000 MY), but I don't recall it being a pain (other than the auto gearbox failing!). Funnily enough I also owned a Punto many years ago!

maestro van was where the light clusters were robbed from, and the door handles from the marina

Let's face it, most of the Disco fixtures and fittings came from whatever parts bin was closest and fullest when they were "designing" it. Otherwise known as Midlands engineering.