Fleebay add...

Maverik

There are some things that look 'Series' or early 90, but overall it doesn't look much like a Series Landy. However, the convertion may have been done before the newer laws came into play that tries to prevent people from just buying a 90 and swapping a couple of plates over to trick people into thinking it's the same tax exempt car.

I remember reading a thread on here a little while ago where someone bought a similar truck and it was taken away by the Police to check for legality. It was returned to him and all was OK so you just never know (or the Police are blind...) :lol:

I know the person who built it & it was built before all the bolloax that the dvla conjoured up,christ this forum is full o miserable rivet counters who have nothing better to do than pick fault in other peoples work without knowing any of the details,

well said

I know the person who built it & it was built before all the bolloax that the dvla conjoured up,christ this forum is full o miserable rivet counters who have nothing better to do than pick fault in other peoples work without knowing any of the details,

Perhaps the owner should have mentioned that in the advert, then it would have avoided such misunderstandings.

I've never been called a "miserable rivet counter" before, not that I'd take offence, I have put 256 sealed 10mm long alu rivets into my 90 recently - I don't polish them though.

It was a perfectly valid statement I made, if your willing to state that it looks like in any way a series 2 vehicle then sorry Sir but you'd be lying and in the eyes of many and likely the LAW you'd would be missleading them.

In my experience if you don't question things that don't quite match up, then its your folly if you get nicked! or get your pride and joy taken away from you.

I've never been called a "miserable rivet counter" before, not that I'd take offence, I have put 256 sealed 10mm long alu rivets into my 90 recently - I don't polish them though.

It was a perfectly valid statement I made, if your willing to state that it looks like in any way a series 2 vehicle then sorry Sir but you'd be lying and in the eyes of many and likely the LAW you'd would be missleading them.

In my experience if you don't question things that don't quite match up, then its your folly if you get nicked! or get your pride and joy taken away from you.

as you had obviously no intention of buying it,why all the commotion?i am pretty sure every one that uses this forum is familiar with the law as it stands,do you trawl ebay looking for ads of this type?perhaps your time would be better spent polishing your rivets!!

It's a good thing that these 'hybrids' are mentioned on this forum; even if this one may be legal (but how do you proof it has been build before new laws when you get involved in serious accident and insurance won't pay, and/or the police take the car?), most of these cars certainly aren't!

Perhaps the owner should have mentioned that in the advert, then it would have avoided such misunderstandings.

its up to the owner to do the add as he pleases..... however my mate who built it sold ita couple of years ago,

tbh squire from your location its up your kneck o the wiids,

i dont have any issues with people questioning things, however it gets on my tits when all people are interested in has it been sva'ed, oooooh its a dodgy hybrid....., ooooh you cant have that, it should have limestone wheels etc etc........

i have seen a signature on here that sums it up totally,

its not "are you local" its "has it been sva'ed"

anyhoo ive got to go n have my tea before it gets cold

its not about counting rivets really its about counting alan wickers, people who really know nothing about landrovers but would love to own one spend good money on their dream machine..and with all the new laws from the whores about emmisions etc a man oughtta know what hes gettin himself in to.

when we are spendin thooousands we want exactly what it says on the tin!! <_<

Why do the moderators allow moronic threads like this to continue that WILL eventually kill this forum, its becoming the old wife's green eyed forum and SVA we've no effin what we're talkin about but will cry about it forum....

Go count your rivets in private and mods please moderate and protect what your there to protect, before its vacant of anything but muppets crying about everthing they see.......

Rant over