8 andersen plugs

nino

bloody battery being under the seat

the last 3 weeks ive had to jumpstart a few cars with my 90 and also jump start my 90 with my other 90, normally wouldnr be a problem but with them being up the drive aith no means of getting next to one and another or being able to open both doors at the same time

ive decided to fit andersen plugs to the front of my car at the winch cable

now i think i need 8 plugs

one on the car and winch of one 90

one on the car and winch of the other 90

now the jumpleads, i was goin to put a andersen plug at one end of the cable so i can jump from a 90 to a noramla battery but thought i need to have andersen plugs both ends for when i need to jump start onr 90 from another

the reason being andersen plugs at the front make life so much more easyer that taking the seat and cover off taking the thick rubber pad i have in there to stop the terminals rubbing on the seat box cover as there so close to it and then putting them all back again when the jobs done

is there any easyer way round it? plus the cose of 8 plugs isnt going to be cheap is it lol

Your right Anderson plugs are not cheap but are about the most robust.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are a few generic plugs of similar style on the market however all these have a slightly different profile and you can't(without fileing and cutting) just plug different brands together. I found this out the costly way!

Dont make my mistake.

Hope that helps.

why do there need to be so many different kinds? lol

i was planing to get som the same as our boost pack at work so i can use that on my cars if needed but lookin at £6 a pair rather than £6 each i may just go for that

Apologies for the extremely stupid stupid question.....But. Are the Torberry connector prices for the two pieces of the anderson connnector (ie, male and female parts)??

No.

Prices are for a single connector.

From http://www.torberry.co.uk/sb-multipole-connectors.php

"Connectors are genderless. Two similar connectors make one connection. There is no male or female."

HTH

IIRC Transit vans now have the battery buried out of sight. They fit a large copper terminal under the bonnet to clip a jump lead onto, the other lead goes to the engine block.

Might work out cheaper than all those Anderson plugs?

All you need to do now is give us part numbers, for the terminal and any the insulating housing that shields the terminal, and any associated jump lead clip, from simultaneously touching both the terminal and any nearby earthed metal.

Cheers.

Probably too late to mention it, but I have successfully connected Durite Anderson-stylee 175-amp connectors with genuine Anderson ones, seems to work ok.

FWIW am currently figuring out how best to route the thick battery cables on my bare chassis, will probably bolt one to the side of battery box too, as well for'd and aft.

Bit off-topic I know, but anyone found a good source for 35mm2 battery cable? Dun-bri do 10m rolls for £51-odd quid+VAT, anyone better that?

IIRC Transit vans now have the battery buried out of sight. They fit a large copper terminal under the bonnet to clip a jump lead onto, the other lead goes to the engine block.

Merc ML/GL 4x4's have a similar battery jump start positive post on the inner right front wing.

IIRC Transit vans now have the battery biried out of sight. They fit a large copper terminal under the bonnet to clip a jump lead onto, the other lead goes to the engine block.

Might work out cheaper than all those Anderson plugs?

having a few landrovers, and trailers needing a high current power source, they will all come in , might even need more

Brian

Merc ML/GL 4x4's have a similar battery jump start positive post on the inner right front wing.

I should think that you can probably find the part numbers associated with the same facility installed in the L322 Range Rover, back in 2002.

Or even confirm the PRC7100 number of the through-bulkhead threaded stud, copper plated, that came complete with insulating washers, as used on the RRC? This lends itself to the same purpose, and carries the same disadvantages, for which the cover PRC7093 is the purpose made solution.

PRC7100 is also listed as a Terminal Stud for the split charge facility on a 90/110.

IIRC, of course :-)