injector pump TDI 300 1996

Recently changed fuel filter because saw exhaust smoke was quite black and becoming more and more over a few days. Also put in a new mechanical lift pump. As I was driving it felt aas if it ran out of fuel. But has a full tank. I put in an electric pump to bypass and the fuel is getting to injector pump but not coming out the other end where the pipes to injectors are fastened to pump. I suspect that dirty fuel has bunged things up.

How do I check and clean SIMPLY as I am 100 of miles away from any pro help.

Thanks

Jinx

try disconnecting the 4 injector pipes from the Iinjection pump rear connections & spin the engine over on the stater, that should clear any blockage, after reconnecting the injection pipes you will have to bleed each one to remove any air from the pipes.

I hope that works. I thought the diesel in Moz was ok nowadays, but it seems that is not true. I can only add that maybe you should take the glow plugs out to make the engine easier to spin over. (If you take the injectors out you really have to change the copper seals).

Same thing happend to my 200tdi tried everthing got fuel to injector pump took stop out fuel comeing out of there but still wouldnt start. injector pump had gone took timing belt off and front of pump was loose i took pump apart the shaft had snaped inside ended up putting second hand pump on it now running fine :P