2.5na thermostat

speedemoneire

note that part number #2 - 602686 is an 82 degree stat as fitted to winterised 2.5NA engines and gives more heater warmth. I change mine over in winter and then fit the 74degree back in spring.

74degree is way too low for a temperate climate diesel. If you need to switch to a 74 in spring, there is something wrong with the cooling system. I agree with Phil 82 degrees minimum. Personally, I would run an 88 degree thermostat. I have a 2.5 petrol which generates more heat than a diesel and I use an 88 degree thermostat all year round. Heater works, Temp gauge stays in the middle.

Regards, Diff.

I never have the viscous fan fitted as part of my 2.5NA 'tuning experiment' and havnt bothered with an electric fan. The cooling system is otherwise fine.

I'd just rather keep temps down in the summer months especially if I'm on a motorway run-the trouble with my NA radiator is that it has the built in oil cooler-the oil stat is 74degrees, if I fit the 84degree water stat the radiator is at 84 degrees but the oil has started flowing through the cooler at 74degrees but will effectively be warmed by the surrounding 84 degree water rather than the whole lot being at 74degrees.

It would be really helpful if someone could post the part numbers for the different thermostat options for the 2.5TD, 200 + 300TDI all in one place. Any takers?

(I don't have all the necessary information since I've not managed to get Microcat/RAVE working yet).

Nick.

I'll see what I can produce.

from left engine/thermostat part number/degree's

2.5 petrol -------- 602687 82

------------------ ETC4761 74

2.5 N/A Diesel

------------------ as for 2.5 petrol

2.5 TD [Turbo Diesel]

------------------ as for 2.5 petrol

200Tdi

------------------ ERR2803 88

300Tdi

------------------ ERR3291 degrees not detailed

V8 Carb

------------------ 602687 82

extracted from 110 1987 onwards Parts book

88 degree for V8 efi is Part No. ETC4765. This also fits the 2.5 petrol and 2.5 na diesels and is what I use in my 2.5 petrol, together with a 15 lb cap on the expansion tank. Just a note to say that although I use this thermostat, I don't think it was a 'factory' option for the 2.5 engines.

Regards, Diff.