Front Spot light fixing

My 110 >03 currently has a Soft A bar on the front which I have a pair of spots mounted, I have just picked up a new pair of Terrafirma HID spots for a song and am now exploring where to put them. (clean comments please!! huh.gif)

It is likely that will remove the Soft A bar as it has a few nicks in it and is well past its best, I don't want to buy another one as they are expensive and only get damaged so am looking for options for mounting front spots.

I don't believe that I can just fit a metal A bar as I have AC and don't think the standard one will fit (unless someone else can tell me differently)

I have seen the bars you can mount behind the plastic grill but how tough are these? given that the grill does not look that strong, a while ago I picked up a Stainless replacement grill and although I would first paint it black would this be a better option? Any other ways of mounting front spots? I already have roll cage mounted spots but find that these cause glare from the bonnet so are not that great for night driving and tend to leave them switched off, and only put them on when I want to illuminate an area when stopped.

Second question is around securing them, does anyone use any locking nuts or is it simply not worth bothering with are the people who collect your paid for things more likely to cause more damage to your truck than the lights are worth?

Jason.

Thanks Patric,

Fairly tidy alternative, take a look at the bottom of the page of http://simmonites.co...%20LIGHTING.htm

I think the one at the bottom you are referring to is the bar which is not suitable for defenders with the knee cooling device installed (AKA A/C)

They also have the A bar for air con at http://simmonites.co...%20exterior.htm

I did see that one but it looks like the only one for A/C is the shiny stainless and that is not really me!!

thats strange, the one pictured is the aircon shape, and its black. How about getting one painted or coated Jason?

Don't really want to pay £180 for a stainless one just to paint it, and actually don't really fancy a plastic coated on as it tends to flake and go rusty, Guess I will have to keep looking.

I too am looking for a solution to this problem,

I have air con and a winch, so a light mounting bar like the Simmonites one

"Fairly tidy alternative, take a look at the bottom of the page of http://simmonites.co...%20LIGHTING.htm "

seems like the sort of solution I’m looking for.

Does anyone who has fitted one have any comments or advice to share?

Especially as to ease of fitment, durability effectiveness – and down sides?

Are there alternatives / similar ones available? Better or Cheaper?

Thanks