Another safari Snorkel Post

Brett

Looking at NorthernChris's last post about the XEng Lights, I see he's got a Safari Snorkel fitted with a Rollcage.

Does anyone know what model you need to fit a 90 with Safety Devices Camel Cage?

TIA

Brett

I'm surprised Tony didn't, so I will ;) - I would recommend the Southdown snorkle with a safety devices cage. Easy to mount with cage and it doesn't stick out on the side to catch on trees etc.

Cheers

Steve

I would second this.

My 300TDi 90 has a safari snorkle and a safety devices cage. We used a 200 series wing panel (with no intake vent) so there was no blanked off hole after we moved the snorkle forwards.

Also we had to trim the leading edge of the snorkle slightly as it fouled the drivers wheel arch spat.

Plus as Steve said above, on top of this it sticks out and if you get close to a tree or turn it over on the drivers side the whole wing gets pushed in by the snorkle box on the wing.

I am definately going for an inboard snorkle on the next one.....

Richard

I would second this.

My 300TDi 90 has a safari snorkle and a safety devices cage. We used a 200 series wing panel (with no intake vent) so there was no blanked off hole after we moved the snorkle forwards.

Also we had to trim the leading edge of the snorkle slightly as it fouled the drivers wheel arch spat.

Plus as Steve said above, on top of this it sticks out and if you get close to a tree or turn it over on the drivers side the whole wing gets pushed in by the snorkle box on the wing.

I am definately going for an inboard snorkle on the next one.....

Richard

I've loved my Safari Snorkel but everything you say is true; they do sometimes get caught up and they do stick out a bit. However, the only times its caused problems for me its caused problems for people with other types of snorkels (like branches getting caught in the rams or overhanging bows). What it does have on its side it its VERY strong (stronger than any other snorkel I've seen) and has good gas flow but its still a front snorkel. My solution to these problems; rear snorkel.

The main time the box sticking out was a problem was when I did this:

web4.JPG

Due the the nice soft mud the car was undamaged. Except the snorkle pushed the wing in.

But if you don't do anything silly they are fine.

Richard

The main time the box sticking out was a problem was when I did this:

web4.JPG

Due the the nice soft mud the car was undamaged. Except the snorkle pushed the wing in.

But if you don't do anything silly they are fine.

Richard