110 front brake question

Tonk

There was/are 2 different pad fixing idea's one uses 2 pins with a coil spring to stop the pads rattling the other use 2 pins & 2 plate type springs.

the front calipers have always been 4 piston types so the pads would have to be long enough to fit.

my '89 110 has the 2 pin & coils spring fittings [changed some years ago when I converted to vented discs] my originals had the flat springs.

cheers for reply, i know mine has flat springs but i'm none the wiser which ones to order :rolleyes:

My 110 1987 on parts cat. shows the

flat spring type pads are RTC5574 [& retention kit RTC5001] -- used on 110 with rear drum brakes

&

later coil spring ones are STC1275 [& retention kit RTC6799] -- used on 110 with rear disc brakes

:i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

Hi Mark,

If your 110 calipers are from a 1986 or earlier axle they will need STC 2950 pads which have NO holes for the retaining pins. If you have calipers from a 1986 or later axle they will need STC 2952 pads which have holes for the retaining pins.

So, if your current pads dont have holes for the pins, you need STC 2950 pads.

Regards,

Diff

Don't know about number changes, but it's very likely that LR have updated the part numbers again.....

They certainly have

STC2950 BRAKE PADS FRONT 110 UP TO 86

STC2952 now SFP000260 BRAKE PAD SET FRONT 90-1990-95 & 110 1986 ON

Colin

www.REEDX.net/landrover

Guest diesel_jim
Hi Mark,

If your 110 calipers are from a 1986 or earlier axle they will need STC 2950 pads which have NO holes for the retaining pins. If you have calipers from a 1986 or later axle they will need STC 2952 pads which have holes for the retaining pins.

So, if your current pads dont have holes for the pins, you need STC 2950 pads.

Regards,

Diff

I've got a brand new set of these pads at home if anyone wants them. say, £5? they're "garage dirty", just covered in dust etc.

Guest diesel_jim
where r u?

going to billing? ;)

I'm in Swindon. can post, and yes, going to Billing.

I "got" them when i was in the TA, but all my rovers have the bigger front pads, so never used them.