Anything interesting happening in July?

BogMonster

To save me ploughing through reams of waffle important information on a slow connection (using up time I don't really have before I leave!) is there anything interesting happening in the next three weeks or so that might be worth attending? Any forum events, shows, blah blah....

I'll be lurking in the Sussex area from this Sunday till 23 July so wondered if there was anything interesting on within a reasonable distance i.e. Shoreham, Slindon ... ?

I know that flippin' Tony Cordell has managed to arrange his birthday to be about ten days too late :P so is everybody going to be busy getting things ready to break at that, or are you going to be Out There? :)

Stephen

Shoreham next week (9th I think) and Slindon on the 23rd, so long as you don't go to Billing - but I think you ought to! Welcome to camp with us - you could even have the East wing of our tent if you like!

Si

Excellent, thanks, will see how I can fit some of those into other demands on my time :ph34r:

Billing will be a bit difficult as it is only 2 days before I go.... shame really would like to go to it but will be busy packing stuff up to send back :(

Next year I shall ask the question before I book dates :rolleyes:

>> Anything interesting happening in July?

The Tour de France!

(It's not in Sussex though.....)

no, its not in sussex, but i think its coming past our house!!! the first leg is London to Dover via the peoples republic of Northfleet.... and as far as we can work out, its coming past our front door!!

you should try to get up to billing, its awesome....

no, its not in sussex, but i think its coming past our house!!! the first leg is London to Dover via the peoples republic of Northfleet.... and as far as we can work out, its coming past our front door!!

you should try to get up to billing, its awesome....

Huh? I think you mean next year? This year's TDF starts in Strasbourg tomorrow...

If only you had said. I have paid now and everything.

Chris

It's the 'sit in someone elses vehicle and help' sort of marshall

Yer man Bill from ORRP - sound bloke - can't make it due to genuine more pressing personal stuff. He was due to be filling the passenger seat of my RRC (in more ways than one)

If I wasn't taking a towed implement up to 7S I would be taking the bike... Nothing like the sweet melodius purr of a 600 single to warm the blood

It's the 'sit in someone elses vehicle and help' sort of marshall

Yer man Bill from ORRP - sound bloke - can't make it due to genuine more pressing personal stuff. He was due to be filling the passenger seat of my RRC (in more ways than one)

If I wasn't taking a towed implement up to 7S I would be taking the bike... Nothing like the sweet melodius purr of a 600 single to warm the blood

Ah, not me after all.

600cc? Ah, a baby then. :) My quad is a 660. :D

Chris

Yeah but your quad has four wheels... Mind you it is probably lighter than the XL

It weighs in at a scarey dry wieght of 272kg! Not a lightweight! Top speed is a leisurely 60ish though, not much cop on main roads!

Chris