Rivets ?

Les Brock

Quickie....

What size/type/style do I need to fit a whole new side panel and back panels to the rear tub, to hold it securely, but not too in your conspqiuous(sp? :lol: ) size wise

anything else I need to get ready to do it at the weeked....old one already off ;)

Ta ! :D

Just ordinary blind rivets Les. 5mm drill bit and lazy tongs/rivet gun to attach them. A box of 500 is only about £12. There are more types of rivet than you can shake a stick at though. If the inside of the panel is going to be visible, then the rivet end might be important. Some tear and flare out - leaving a jagged mess on the inside. A blind rivet just forms a ball and doesn't look bad or have sharp edges.

This type splits as the mandrell is pulled and leaves a 4-legged spider on the inside of the metal

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.js...=18223&ts=47587

Sometimes the entire centre of this rivet comes out which then leaves a hole right through the panel.

I use aircraft type rivets, which have the end of the mandrell inside the alloy which is cup-shaped rather than a tube, so there is no possibility of it leaking once fixed.

Les. :)