Jump to content

Rivets ?

Les Brock

Recommended Posts


What size/type/style do I need to fit a whole new side panel and back panels to the rear tub, to hold it securely, but not too in your conspqiuous(sp? :lol: ) size wise

anything else I need to get ready to do it at the weeked....old one already off ;)

Ta ! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ordinary blind rivets Les. 5mm drill bit and lazy tongs/rivet gun to attach them. A box of 500 is only about £12. There are more types of rivet than you can shake a stick at though. If the inside of the panel is going to be visible, then the rivet end might be important. Some tear and flare out - leaving a jagged mess on the inside. A blind rivet just forms a ball and doesn't look bad or have sharp edges.

This type splits as the mandrell is pulled and leaves a 4-legged spider on the inside of the metal


Sometimes the entire centre of this rivet comes out which then leaves a hole right through the panel.

I use aircraft type rivets, which have the end of the mandrell inside the alloy which is cup-shaped rather than a tube, so there is no possibility of it leaking once fixed.

Les. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy