Winch decision

Les Brock

Well not sure what to do about the rear winch ????

Rebuilding the truck.....so do I..while all the rear tubs in bits.....

Use the Husky I already have in the Southdown removable tow hitch cradle ?

Take the oppertunity that its in bits and fit a cradle for another 8274, (same winches front and rear) :unsure:

Use the Lt230 Hydraulic PTO with the 22cc per revolution, what ever output that is pump ? , I also have a spool block etc and stick a Milemarker in ? :unsure:

DSCN2063_resize.jpg

DSCN2062_resize.jpg

DSCN2061_resize.jpg

DSCN2060_resize.jpg

Also what's my Hydraulic PTO with a brand spanking new pump worth ? :unsure:

and how much should I ask for the H14W I took off with the PTO and shafts etc ? :unsure:

how much is the Husky worth ?, I bought it brand new in 04) :unsure:

If I go the 8274 route, I need to fund the second one !

do I have to much stuff ? :unsure:

aren't people now putting three winches on!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: So PTO Hydraulic on the back and Husky in the middle ;););)

Have no idea what the Hydraulic one is worth but the husky would go for 600+ I would guess. They seem to go very easily on ebay when they come up for auction

Steve

Husky in the rear.

you can use an electic winch when the vehicle needs putting back onto 4 wheels after a roll etc, cant do that with a hydraulic one if you need to run the engine!

How much difference in speed is changing the motor from a bogger to a decent spec ?

Snail to Tortoice ?

Is it true if you fit a 4.6 due to motor resistance of summat ??????, it is possible to overcome the worm and wheel, and go into free fall ? :unsure:

How much difference in speed is changing the motor from a bogger to a decent spec ?

Snail to Tortoice ?

Is it true if you fit a 4.6 due to motor resistance of summat ??????, it is possible to overcome the worm and wheel, and go into free fall ? :unsure:

I've got a 4.6 in mine and its still really slow. I think you're probably OK with a 4.6 but it is an issue.

Husky in the rear.

you can use an electic winch when the vehicle needs putting back onto 4 wheels after a roll etc, cant do that with a hydraulic one if you need to run the engine!

That is a pretty good point.

With an electric rear winch, you should be able to drag yourself out of most things in an emergency even with a dead engine.

I'm not clever enough to engineer hydraulic so it brakes correctly :blink:

Husky is a perfect rear winch IMHO, an 8274 is pretty scary when you rely on the brake, it might work, but its still scary.

If you need a fast rear winch, I suspect you could look at your rigging options as an alternative.

Solenoids and motors will interchange between 8274 <-> Husky, so spares is a moot point.

why are you ditching the H14 ?

Andy getting shot of the H14, cause I'm fed up of, faffing about with engaging this that and the other, rather than just pressing the button,

Alright for occasional use....but not for what I need it for :(