Panhard Bushes

Hi! Guys,

Searching for Panhard Bushers for my 1990 defender 110. Want to replace the worn out ones with brand new polybush ones. Could not find it them seperately. Only available as a whole kit. Where can I get the BLUE polybush panhard rod bushes?

• 1 year later...

thread revival:

So, one of the things my project failed on was the panhard bushes are shot. You turn the wheel and the truck moves before the wheels. MOT guy said he'd never seen it to that extent before, found it most amusing.

Anyway, I am about to order the new bushes and want some advice. Do I go for OEM (LR or Bearmach etc - not S***part) bushes or do I put polybushes in.

I am swinging towards polybushes as they will be slighly harder (so vehicle more responsive?) and are in two pieces (thus easier to fit I hope).

Is there any reason I should stay away from polybushes for the panhard rod? Thoughts please :D

My rebuild failed on poly panhard rod bushes after a years running. I have reverted back to genuine LR units since then.

I did fit the rest of the bushes with ....part black ones and M&M gave me a full refund as they just collapsed. We are now running on some better yellow bushes that have lasted for 5 years with no problems.

Yes the genuine panhard ones are a pig to change regularly, but I have a 'Service Exchange' unit ready for fitting before the MOT. I just borrow the garage press whilst he is doing my MOT.

thread revival:

So, one of the things my project failed on was the panhard bushes are shot. You turn the wheel and the truck moves before the wheels. MOT guy said he'd never seen it to that extent before, found it most amusing.

Anyway, I am about to order the new bushes and want some advice. Do I go for OEM (LR or Bearmach etc - not S***part) bushes or do I put polybushes in.

I am swinging towards polybushes as they will be slighly harder (so vehicle more responsive?) and are in two pieces (thus easier to fit I hope).

Is there any reason I should stay away from polybushes for the panhard rod? Thoughts please :D

superpro for my panhard rod, :i-m_so_happy:

I had Superpro for a few years.... I pulled the panhard rod off when I destroyed my front diff only to find the tube in the centre of the bush totally rusted out. The bush looked fine, but the centre couldn't be used again.

I've gone back to OEM. Like others, I carry a spare Panhard rod on longer journeys just in case....

Neil