TD engine mount to Series2 gearbox?

DSN

Hi there.

Currently trying to sell my TD engine (19J) and a potential buyer has asked if it would mount to his Series 2 gearbox or if adaptor plate required.

Hopefully one fo you will know the answer off the top of your head.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers,

Guest diesel_jim

99.99% sure the TD engine will bolt straight to a series gearbox. maybe you need to slightly enlarge the holes in the bellhousing and i think one of the engine mounts (on the engine, not the chassis) needs swapping.....

CALLING LES...COME IN LES...

Series 2 has a different stud pattern doesn't it? I remember something about having to use a S3 bell housing

to put a s2 gearbox onto a gearbox that was previously fitted to a S3 engine, so you might have to either use the flywheel housing to match the gearbox, or vice-versa. I've only ever put a TD or N/A diesel onto a S3 gearbox, but I'm fairly sure that the stud patters between S2 and S3 bell housings are different.

Les. :)

Series 2 has a different stud pattern doesn't it? I remember something about having to use a S3 bell housing

to put a s2 gearbox onto a gearbox that was previously fitted to a S3 engine, so you might have to either use the flywheel housing to match the gearbox, or vice-versa. I've only ever put a TD or N/A diesel onto a S3 gearbox, but I'm fairly sure that the stud patters between S2 and S3 bell housings are different.

Les. :)

I have swapped engines between S2a and S3 and not had this issue. Some S2a had different clutches though IIRC - certainly a different arrangement with the slave cylinder. PaulW, Tonk and others have 200Tdis on S2a boxes and we know they are the same as TDs.

Chris

I have swapped engines between S2a and S3 and not had this issue. Some S2a had different clutches though IIRC - certainly a different arrangement with the slave cylinder. PaulW, Tonk and others have 200Tdis on S2a boxes and we know they are the same as TDs.

Chris

my tdi is mounted to a defender lt77 bell housing.

td will mount straight to ser 2a and ser3 gearboxes, dont know about ser2 though, drivers engine mount on chassis will have to be rehashed too.