Clutch Oddity

Hybrid_From_Hell

Ok,

Helping out at Mudmonster Challenge Round 1 today, after tying to tree rear end and TBox in neutral

I winch recovered a Disco (or whats left of it) reloaded all the gear jumped in to set off....

Clutch pedal went to the floor, with no force.

:unsure:

'Ooops' thats not right :lol:

"Pumping" pedal saw "Some" clutch back, gearbox would engage disengage but at the very botto of the travel

Returned to Base, bonnet up, and peered into Master Cylinder, to find hardly any fluid, and fluid that was in their was browny blacl :(

, still black n horrible clutch pedal still poor

The unit is

Heavy Duty Ceramic Paddle clutch plare with HD Cover

Solid Release centre with old fashion pug on release bearing

Std Master and slave units

std pipework

WTF is going on ?

Its still not right, pedal low fluid at correct height :blink:

Other than the above great day, oh and braking my plasma twice on a recovery, straight after Lyndon brand new plasma broke

on same 4x4 - more picks later in competeting forum, damned good event - just need to work this one out

Looks like the new replacement engine build needs to up its step :lol:

Nige

By the time I had found some more fluid the level had completely risen to the top :blink:

Before I had my slave and master cylinders replaced there would be times when the vehicle would be at a certain angle (usually leaning over to the side slightly) and the same thing would happen to me. After about 5 mins of vigourous pumping of the clutch pedal I would get some pressure back in the clutch. I've not had this since having the hydraulics replaced.