Big yellow S painted on transfer box

Hi,

Sorry for all the questions recently guys... many thanks for all the advice:)

Just cleaning up/stripping out my old transfer box ready for replacement, and found a big yellow S painted on the top of the box. Any idea what this means? I've had a good google and can't find anything referenced.

Graham

as in tipex style ink... or pen paint.. (whatever the ruddy stuff is called) it is used a lot in the scrapyard business.. I know this because I have bought several bits and bobs from them and they tag the box when its been paid for. in this case 'sold' is possible.

now get on with the bulkhead.

Hi,

Sorry for all the questions recently guys... many thanks for all the advice:)

Just cleaning up/stripping out my old transfer box ready for replacement, and found a big yellow S painted on the top of the box. Any idea what this means? I've had a good google and can't find anything referenced.

Graham

Thanks, that's probably it!

The bulkhead is going to be done in early october - my friend who does the welding is a ships engineer and doesn't return until then. I've already started rust converting and grinding it back a a bit to see what it's like now.

"Sold" - maybe (hoefully) :)

"Sh@gged" :(

"Scrap"?? ..... :ph34r:

Possibly sold origonally. Sh@gged/Scrap better description now:) New transfer box going in tonight, picked it up last night!

Graham