Disco 200Tdi conversion photos??

Hi

Recently bought a 90 ( no history so not sure if it was petrol or diesel ) which has had a Disco 200Tdi engine fitted. However conversion / layout of aux items such as air filter etc leaves a lot to be desired so i was wondering if anyone else has done this conversion and if they had any photos of the engine bay to give me some ideas on how to "tidy" mine up.

All help appreciated.

Rgds

Kev

There are pics of this conversion i the tech archive on here, so they ought to help.

Hi

Cheers for the info, i did try a whole forum search for conversion but did not find any photos.. i'll go and search in tech archive only and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Kev

Here is one:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=2394

the other one i was thinking of isnt working at the moment.

The index page for the tech archive

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=4731

could be a little more clearly marked as it just looks like a thread in the long list of threads.

Hi

I had just finished downloading the photos from that very link as your post arrived!! :D

I did have to troll through a fair bit to find it though but heyho not a problem and definitely a big help.

Hopefully some other conversion photos will also pop in

Cheers

Kev

Kev,

Post 85 on this linky. Not a great photo of mine, but the best to hand.

I have now fitted a td5 washer bottle under the front passegner side wing as my air filter is in the location of the old washer bottle.

Chris

Cheers Chris

I'm starting to find a few ideas, i think a fair few bits in my bay could do with "upgrading" but that may have to wait until after mot. Finding new problems every day at the minute. Latest is a broken wire to front right indicator and lots of bodge wiring ( mixed colours odd joints...can you believe wires just twisted together and taped over!!!! ) in the wing that i can't reach without dropping the wheel liner ( which just to make things interesting has extended arches riveted through it into the body work!! ho hum more cr@p!!

Rgds

Kev

I can believe the wires twisted and taped over....

i did that whilst sorting my binnacle out, and am about to get round to solder them soon..it's only been 4-5 months!! :blink:

Chris

:rolleyes:

Cheers Chris

I'm thinking with the state of the wires in the wing(s) that it will probably be easier to run new lines with none or minimal joints and remove old at a convenient time, ie once it's all working ;)

Do you know where the Main/side and indicator light cables run back to ? Ideally would be good to take back to switch/relay etc but for convenience (temp solution) i could joint them in front of bulkhead with enough slack to take them through at a better time. ( bit short of time at moment). Also need to get hold of correct colour wire if possible but again time may be against me so might have to make do for now.

I might put this question up as a new post as i have to do this by end of play tomorrow really.

Cheers for the input

Rgds

Kev