Aussie Government says no to Bull Bar Ban

reads90

The do gooders and tree buggers in Australia have keen for the last few months trying to ban the bull bar in Australia . The wanted us to have the Euro style Budgie Bars ( so called because that is all they will stop )

Here is the gov findings and responsqe to the soap doggers

: MEDIA RELEASE The Hon Catherine King MP Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure and Transport

24 February 2011 CK006/2011 Pedestrian Safety and Bull Bars The Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure and Transport, Catherine King, restated again that the Government will not be banning bull bars. "Over recent weeks I have received strong feedback through the consultation process associated with the Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) proposing the adoption of an international standard on pedestrian safety," Ms King said. "Following careful consideration of the views and concerns put by individuals and stakeholders, I have decided that the proposal is not suitable for Australian conditions and I have directed the Department to withdraw the Regulation Impact Statement," Ms King said. "While the Government is committed to improving the safety of pedestrians, we also recognise that bull bars play a positive role in the safety of vehicle occupants. "In no circumstances will the Government consider banning bull bars or contemplate any lessening of the protection they provide. We are committed to ensuring that people remain fully protected in animal strikes and other hazardous situations where bull bars play a key role," Ms King said. Ms King has now asked Department to consult with interested parties on the options for improving pedestrian safety. Media Contacts Peter Dwyer ( King's Office )0409 866 054 URL: Pedestrian Safety and Bull Bars

At last a government thinking

Ali

Disgracefull

I am sure that Fiona Bunny-Hugger will be injured far worse when hit by a 2 ton land rover with a bullbar on the front

than if it was removed so her teeth chin and head when hit by the same land rover moved her 60mm to a slab fronted 2 ton

lump of metal

Hurrah for common sense - pay attention to crossing roads etc and aviod being hit by anything moving, with or without bullbars

Any chance we could borrow the above politicians over here for a while ?

Nige

Disgracefull

I am sure that Fiona Bunny-Hugger will be injured far worse when hit by a 2 ton land rover with a bullbar on the front

than if it was removed so her teeth chin and head when hit by the same land rover moved her 60mm to a slab fronted 2 ton

lump of metal

Hurrah for common sense - pay attention to crossing roads etc and aviod being hit by anything moving, with or without bullbars

Any chance we could borrow the above politicians over here for a while ?

Nige

With Nige on this one.

Sad to say but if you hit a pedestrian with a LR I can't see that the addition of a bull bar is going to make things worse, after all you can't get deader than dead. :(

Defenders are being phased out for this very reason (I.e. Don't comply with current E.U. Legislation ) wonder when they will ban Wagons, Transits etc :ph34r:

Look at how much Transit has changed though, the new ones have sloping fronts, plastic bumpers and precious little metal at all ahead of the windscreen.

Very true but would you survive if you were hit by one at 30 MPH?

I've no idea but wouldn't volunteer to try it out.

Very true but would you survive if you were hit by one at 30 MPH?

I've no idea but wouldn't volunteer to try it out.

As I was told by a vauxhall dealer years ago

2 ton of frontera with or with out a bull bar hitting you is still going to bloody hurt and end up with you eating hospital food