3 inch lift for my 127

I've just bought myself a new project. It's a 127 (DC hicap) that will be overhauled completely. It currently has a high compression 3,5 V8 fitted that will be replaced with something with a bit or a lot more powerrr and preferably auto (maybe, 5,7L Chevy ramjet :D ). But for the time being I'm looking at a new suspension set up.

Will be using Gwyn's arms up front and rear. Also a DC prop. Will be fitting Sals front and rear axles and the anti roll bar from X-eng. Would like to fit something like 35 or 36 inch tyres.

So I'm looking at a 3 inch lift kit (just springs no blocks!) But in all the webshops in the UK I'm having difficulty's finding a good set. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thx!

Regards Bowy

reckon a 3 inch lift willpresent more problems to sort out, prop angles/lengths, dampers, panhard rod,

do you really need to lift it that high ?

a good set of O.M.E springs & matched dampers would give it a bit of a lift & still be good to drive.

I know a 3 inch lift involves a lot more then just the springs. But I just like the looks of a 127 with 36 inch tires, So I want to have a go at it :D I think I will be able to handle the problems involved and build a very driveable 127 ;)

So that's the reason why I'm looking for a set. Just because I can :ph34r:

Should be plenty of options for the front. The rear is more challenging with the larger diam 110 springs which tend to be spec'd for load carrying rather than lift & travel.

I'd be tempted to look at changing the spring seats at the rear to use 90/Disco/RR springs or you'll most likely be looking for some custom wounds springs

Should be plenty of options for the front. The rear is more challenging with the larger diam 110 springs which tend to be spec'd for load carrying rather than lift & travel.

I'd be tempted to look at changing the spring seats at the rear to use 90/Disco/RR springs or you'll most likely be looking for some custom wounds springs

I Think you're right the 3 inch front should be easy but (bt haven't found them on any webshop :( do you know where?P), not to HD rear propably harder to find, I'm not planning on using the 127 for carrying large loads all the time. But will fit an external cage and 140liter LPG tank. So a bit firmer is no prob. And I'm not intending on using the internal springs, I would like to adapt the X eng inner springs.

Any ideas for a reasonably priced custom spring supplier?

Why not use spacers as part of the 3" and then you just need to find the appropriate 2" longer spring. There isn't really any advantage to going with 3" longer springs unless you're going softer for articulation and running tires that big, big articulation is going to be a nightmare.