modified discovery insurance

pinhead

friend of mine has bought a discovery based trayback it is the real deal and done very well the enthusiast that built it ran out of money and sold it at a great loss i have spent a couple of days earlier this week finishing it off for my mate and getting it mot'd now it is all ready to go he wants to insure it

so who is the best company to speak to he wants limited use to and from pay and play sites etc and wants to declare what it is and be fully legal he does not need any fancy extras as it will not be used daily

he has so far had a quote from adrian flux and i think this is a little higher than what can be had

tia

andy

friend of mine has bought a discovery based trayback it is the real deal and done very well the enthusiast that built it ran out of money and sold it at a great loss i have spent a couple of days earlier this week finishing it off for my mate and getting it mot'd now it is all ready to go he wants to insure it

so who is the best company to speak to he wants limited use to and from pay and play sites etc and wants to declare what it is and be fully legal he does not need any fancy extras as it will not be used daily

he has so far had a quote from adrian flux and i think this is a little higher than what can be had

tia

andy

Usually Land Rover insurance = NFU and they should be OK about mods. But... different branches have been known to have differing view points so maybe ring a couple.

Cheers,

John

Ditto ChrisW70 - Learnt about Frank Pickles off this forum on about Insurance prices.

This copied off their site:

"My vehicle is modified (eg snorkel, winch, suspension etc). Note: Standard 4x4's cannot be covered"