Door Card Fixings

Will be interested to hear some suggestions on this, as I am (very slowly) refurbing some doors. I plan to use the cards I already have on the 90 as they're fine apart from most of the fixing points being broken.

One idea I did have (in the little amount of time spent thinking about this) is possibly using self tappers and the little caps normally used for the screws on number plates?..

These are what I mean:

http://www.jhmbuttco.com/acatalog/info_WES0085.html

On the bottom corners, I ended up drilling a hole through the card from the centre of the original plastic fitting and then used a large stainless self tapper big enough to get a grip on the plastic "socket" bit that's left in the door.

It's visible on the outer face of the door card but only in the corner, but then, so are the spot welds on the outsides of the rear panels, It's a Land Rover after all.

On the bottom corners, I ended up drilling a hole through the card from the centre of the original plastic fitting and then used a large stainless self tapper big enough to get a grip on the plastic "socket" bit that's left in the door.

It's visible on the outer face of the door card but only in the corner, but then, so are the spot welds on the outsides of the rear panels, It's a Land Rover after all.

Now that's a very good idea, only problem now is, where did I put that plastic corner plug, you need it I know, because without it you have a very large hole in the door metal work. spike