Defender theft Attempted in North East

dickydutch

Not sure if this is in the right section of the forum - if not, please feel free to move it.

I live in Sunderland at the moment and thought I'd just give a heads up to any other local guys with defenders. Mine was the vicitim of an attempted theft on sunday night. Despite being only 10m max fromt he bedroom window where I was sleeping, the little scrotes managed to smash both front door locks, before having a go at (presumably) starting it by smashinbg the hell out of the ignition panel.

Luckily they didnt get away with it. No other cars were touched int he street so I'm assuming it was a "stolen to order" job. Keep an eye out!

Sundays job is fitting one of those pull up security posts behind the garden gates as well as looking into getting an alarm and immobiliser.

Made me sick with anger. I realised I was probably capable of horrible actions if I'd caught them in the act.

What the hell is the world comeing to ?? b*st*rds !!!! seems to me everyday now some scroat is trying to nick defenders !!!

at least you still got it and they never managed to steal it, dont bloody make you feel much better i know but if you anything like me then i think THEY were lucky to get away cos if id have caught them i prob would not be sat here but in a cell !!!! ggrrrrrr !! :angry:

i've fitted a snap off steering wheel.it makes it a little bit difficult to nick it with no wheel.unless they always walk round with a load of tools and a choice of steering wheels just in case.also a load of secretive immobilisers, and 2 German Shepherds which like to play with strangers in the dark.

;);)

i've fitted a snap off steering wheel.it makes it a little bit difficult to nick it with no wheel.unless they always walk round with a load of tools and a choice of steering wheels just in case.also a load of secretive immobilisers, and 2 German Shepherds which like to play with strangers in the dark.

If your german shepards could eat pikeys and pi55 diesel any chance i could have a puppy if you decide to breed them lol ;)

Where/how did you fit a snap off steering wheel? Would be great to hear about it!

Alarms immobilizers trackers.

Only my 2p worth but my fathers 90 was stolen a few years back. Since then he has Tracker fitted.

Be aware of what device you use though. Contact your insurance and ask them what devices the approve. Some will only cover a total loss if you have used a Thatcham device - does depend on vehicles value of course.

Pointless putting a £1000 device on a £50 vehicle for instance.

NFU Do not yet approve some devices that use tracking technology - although the company selling it may lie to get a sale. Best to check with insurer than retailer also worth asking Police for devices they actually use and also approve.

Anyway only my opinion.

One of my mates got his 110 nicked the way yours nearly was, and then written off (by the company recoverying it) he now

uses a Thatcham approved full cover steering lock on his new one.